Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question About Oil?

sonic113

I ordered some oil for the car Castrol 5w 30 A1 as I always have used this in past services, but I got sent out Castrol 5w30 A5. Is the A5 still OK to use and what is the difference between them? Car that is in question is the mk2.5 focus

1.6 zetec.

Thanks.

A5 is ok i believe, as long as it meets Fords WSS-M2C913-C or WSS-M2C913-D specification

i used the magnatec professional A5 previously which was WSS-M2C913-D

• Like 1

I think A5 is just the replacement for the A1 spec but as the previous post says as long as it's the same ford spec it'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 2

A5 is ok i believe, as long as it meets Fords WSS-M2C913-C or WSS-M2C913-D specification

i used the magnatec professional A5 previously which was WSS-M2C913-D

I think A5 is just the replacement for the A1 spec but as the previous post says as long as it's the same ford spec it'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Thanks fellas

I will also be using this for the same engine in the 2010 cmax (1.6 zetec) so just to confirm can I use the A5 stuff in both cars as its 100% safe?

also I have about half a drum of A1 left from another service on a different car that I was planning to use in case of any Top ups needed so is it ok to mix the A1 in with the A5 if any top ups are needed?

Probably ok, take a small sample of each an mix them, if it separates its no good, I suspect it'll mix in just fine

• Like 1

mixing a1 and a5 is fine , they are virtually identical specs. the a5 was developed mainly for the transit custom which now has 30k oil change intervals , so the a5 now covers all ford engines that require 5w30

• Like 1

thanks guys for the confirmation.

I tried Darren's little tip about mixing in a container and they seem to be fine. Looking at the bottle specs they both do cover WSS-M2C913-C (Focus) AND WSS-M2C913-B (Cmax) so I guess its all good. :)

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club