Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Wipers

charlierwalker

Hi Guys.

I own a MK3.0 Focus with the 29" Wiper Blades.

However, since I've had the car I've suffered from squeaky Wipers.

I've had 4 sets of blades in 11 months. The clearance of the blades is fine, screen crystal clean, but everytime the sweep finishes and they return to the bottom of the screen they squeak! It's irritating me. This is even with brand new blades.

Is there a solution?

Charles

Try washing the screen with hot water & vinegar & rub the blades with neat vinegar - works for me for over 30 years

• Like 1

Good tip that, probably worth noting not to use boiling water, esp on a nice cold day.

:D

• Like 1

Yes, warm to hot - NOT boiling - or it's bye bye windscreen on a freezing day :angry:

• Like 1

or use IPA (alcohol wipes) wipes to ensure the screen is clean.

• Like 1

I'd also heard rubbing with a potato helps remove grease - obviously the inside part of the spud. Never tried it though.

I just don't understand as I'll clean it with glass cleaner auto gluym fast glass everytime I was car, and it's even had a new windscreen as well (unrelated) but that didn't make a difference

fast glass never works for me, the cream version does it for me, and plenty of rubbing to get grease and dirt off, have also used undiluted traffic film remover but have to be carefull not getting it on plastics and bright work.

What make of blades?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Is this the blades on the screen, or where the drive splines come out of the motor that is causing the squeak ?

Basically. When the blades sweep it's fine. It's when it stops, then repositions half an inch at the bottom of the screen everytime. If it rains I'll record it.

I'm going to hazard a guess that this isn't just a squeaky blade, have they ever worked ok or have you taken off the arms?

It's been like this since I bought the car last year.

It's had 4 sets of blades and a new windscreen (changed due to faulty heating element on warranty) and it's still there

My car does exactly the same thing. I replaced them about 6 months ago with ford genuine parts bought from the dealer but they didn't speak prior to replacement, so I know it's not the mechanics of the motor etc. Even if the screen is spotless it still intermittently does it. Nothing to worry about, just slightly irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think it may be ford parts you know. I am tempted to try alternative brands next time.

If its ford parts, why isnt there more complianing about them?

Mine are fine.