Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Body Correction

karlos1987

Hi.

My focus has a few age related marks. Swirl marks stone chips etc.

I'm just seeing if anyone can give me some advise on cleaning the car and bringing it back to its former glory as she is looking a bit sad now.

I have the week off work next week so hoping to do it then.

Thanks in advance.

You could get the car "Mopped" or if you wanna get your hands dirty the G3 range of polishers/cleaning products are good although a bit pricey. For me the scratch remover is great stuff

What do you mean get the car moped? I'll take a look at the g3 stuff now.

Hi All :-)

"mopped" = machine polished , usually by a car detailer / paintwork restorer.

I'm paying for it to be done on my recently acquired focus in the near future as the paintwork has taken a right hammering over its life.

I could attempt it myself by hand , as I have done with previous cars , but I know it will take at least 2 days hard graft and will never get the same results as a pro with the proper kit , especially as its metallic black lol.

I'm an avid get stuck in yourself bloke but sometimes you just gotta pay for the expertise in order to get the finish you want.

Regards

• Like 1

Just watched a video on the g3 scratch remover. Can't believe it is that good. Definitely ordering a bottle of that.

I'll search for some car detailers around my area.

I don't mind putting in the hard work.

If you want to have a go at doing it yourself, then try some autoglym super resin polish. It's probably the best polish you'll be able to use effectively by hand. Don't be tempted to try a £15 Halfords "machine polisher" as it'll just make a mess. Alternatively you could use a filler glaze, such as Inspired Automotive Show Glaze, or a Halfords job, but it will simply wash out within a few weeks and won't fill 100% of marks.

If you're interested in a professional Correction, where we aim to remove upto 95% swirls & and scratches then send me a DM and we can talk!

If we're not local to you then we'll find somebody reputable who is! :)

Another option after Correction is Ceramic/nano coating the paintwork. For example, Gtechniq C1 topped with Exo will practically prevent 100% swirl marks (although you should still use a correct wash method, contactless where possible) you'll also achieve a huge boost in gloss!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club