Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C Max Engine Rev Limiter

winwood

I own a 2010 C Max with the 100PS 1.6 petrol engine. Does anyone know whether this engine has a rev limiter? I cannot find any information. I had a 2002 Focus 1.6 petrol which definitely did have a limiter.

Rev it and find out would be the easiest way

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

all vehicles now have rev limiter. but as ben says, rev it and find out.lol

Thanks for your responses. Ideally I am looking for the definitive answer before I try it out! A reliable source of mine tells me that maybe it does not have a rev limiter. I notice the red line at 6500 and have been up to just over 6100. The 1.6 duratec engine in my car does not seem as free revving as the 1.6SE but this is probably because of the extra weight of a CMax over a Focus.

I can't see why it wouldn't have a limiter, which will kick in just after the red line. My focus does, and a red arrow pointing upwards illuminates demanding the gear gets changed up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the zetec 1.6 focus the same engine that is in winwoods c-max.

I have not saw this red arrow but If i rev the car in 3rd say over the red line will it come up on the dash?

I never new that all cars now had a rev limited , is it just to save the engine from over reving and causing damage or what's its purpose?