Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does The Ford Isofix Kit Have A Top Tether Anchor Point?

Booey1

Hi

I rang our local Ford dealer to ask, but they don't know.

Are there any isofix mounting kits out there that include a top tether anchor?

I've been looking, but none say if they do or don't and the ford dealer doesn't know. Can anyone help?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-1357238-Fix-Mounting-Kit/dp/B007NZ244U

It's for a Ford Focus 2006 LX.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Okay, so went to see the dealer again. They just have no idea.

Is this point in the back of the car a top tether anchor?

post-68111-0-77814200-1440243665_thumb.j

Or this is just above the seat, which the tether could attach to? The manual is unclear on where the tether anchor is.

post-68111-0-04041400-1440251035_thumb.j

Ask a member on here called Stoney, he might be able to help. Sorry I do not know.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Or this is just above the seat, which the tether could attach to? The manual is unclear on where the tether anchor is.

Thats fot a dog guard to slot in to.
  • Like 1

Okay, so went to see the dealer again. They just have no idea.

Is this point in the back of the car a top tether anchor?

That does look like the only place for top tether to attatch to. Just had a look at 08 focus and theres nowhere else to attatch to.

I know the mk3/facelift Focus has a tether point on the back of the seat but not sure on the mk2.

I will do some digging for you.

If you don't have the bottom mounting points they csn be added if the holes are present (usually have blanking plugs in them).

By looking at the Ford kit i think that the bracket also has the mounting points to run a tether to, I'd check with suppliers to be 100% though.

post-28494-0-27092100-1440521705_thumb.j

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Ford-Focus-Britax-ISOfix-Mounting-Kit-for-Child-Baby-seats-2004-2011-/231607921080?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&hash=item35ece869b8

I would assume that the car seat manufacturers will stock appropriate tether straps to match their seats.

Ford ones dont come with a tether bracket in the kit, the item you circled clips on the the bracket hooks, they keep the seat cushion clear of the baby seat mounting hooks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Stobart and others. So the picture I posted with the silver steel bar looks the same as the picture that Story posted from the manual. So is that an anchor point?

I have the kit now and it doesn't have the top tether anchor, only the other bits.

Am I okay to tether to that point?

Or, can I get a garage to weld a tether bar on? Where would it need to be secured to?

It seems weird that in North America tethers have been required since like 2001, but a 2006 Ford doesn't seem the have them.

Stoney, if "the mk3/facelift Focus has a tether point on the back of the seat" - could I just get a mk3 seat swapped into my mk2?

I would think it unlikely that the seats would be interchangeable tbh.

Would tether straps not extend enough to loop under the back of the seats and back to the isofix brackets themselves?

Probably, but I do want to be able to get the seat in and out, that one of the main reasons for getting it :)

I think the problem is that the Advanced Isofix system didn't come out until about 2009 which made it unsuitable to modify the existing Focus to encompass it.

Mk3/fl are obviously all new cars so the addition of a tether mount was probably an EU requirement by then.

I'd be reluctant to advocate/recommend a bodge but maybe buy a double set of tethers , one pair permanently attached to the Isofix mount and one pair attached to the baby seat as usual with a solid metal ring or suchlike to join them up as needed?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club