Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Purchase Advice

Matt81

Hi just registered on the site in hopes that you guys may be able to help me make my mind up on whether to buy this car or not. We are looking to get a Focus as a family car.

There is a Focus 1.0T SCTI Zetec Ecoboost for sale in a local garage. Here is the spec:

Active Park Assist, Park Out Assist, Hill Start Assist, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, SYNC 2 bluetooth & Voice Control, 8" Touchscreen Navigation, Ford DAB Audio System, Door Edge Protectors, Air Conditioning, Quickclear Heated Windscreen, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). 5 seats, Solid Frozen White

The price they have knocked it down to is £14,595 and offered us 2k for our Vectra as trade in. Over 36 monthly payments of £244.48 with 12K PA miles. Interest rate 7.3%

Looks like a good deal looking around on auto trader with the spec that is included but I am no expert.

The only thing that is putting me off is that the sales guy has told me that "the car is registered as a demonstrator. In reality demonstrators don’t actually get used for very many test drives and it has been my company vehicle, the majority of the miles on the clock have been driven by myself". Just concerned that as the car is a demonstrator that it has not been run in correctly and possibly been ragged around? Should I be weary of this?

Manufacturer warranty until 30/10/2017

The MOT will not be due until 31/10/2017

They will carry out the vehicle’s 1st annual service prior to delivery, leaving a year or 12500 miles before it will require it’s second service

Test drove the car and it drove well

Any advice would be great please as I am massively frugal and indecisive..........

Cheers

Matt

The fact that the vehicle has been a demo should not be an issue

• Like 1

What's the balloon amount at the end?

Optional final payment of £5,808

The fact that the vehicle has been a demo should not be an issue

Not spent this much on a car before just a little weary. And it does have 2 years warranty so guess it should be ok.

The sales guy also emailed me a quote for it new

Focus 1.0 (125ps) Zetec 5 door £ 19095.00
Convenience Pack 850.00
Appearance Pack 600.00
Sync2 Nav 500.00
Frozen White paint 250.00
Door Edge Protectors 85.00
Total £ 21380.00
Save £750
Total cash price £20,630
Less deposit part ex £2750
deposit allowance £2075
Amount of credit £15805
Charge for credit £1451
Finance fee £10
Purchase fee £10
Balanance of amount payable 17276
Total payable £22,101.20
36 monthly payments of £293.95
Optional final payment of £6,674
4.3% APR

The deal he offered on used was

Total cash price £14,595
Less deposit part ex £2000
Amount of credit £12,595
Charge for credit £2,015
Finance fee £10
Purchase fee £10
Balanance of amount payable £14,630.16
Total payable £16,630.16
36 monthly payments of £244.48
Optional final payment of £5,808
7.3% APR
All I keep thinking about is for an extra £50 a month I could be driving a brand new car..... Really can't decide what to do.

Thing is a brand new car will lose about 25% of its value the second you drive it off the forecourt as new cars have 20% vat on them

On a second hand car vat is normally only charged on the profit margin the stealer makes - so consequently the proportion of vat is much less & one of a few reasons why a nearly new car is much cheaper than brand new

So I guess you would go for the used deal? Do you think it's a decent deal for the spec?

I'm just looking at the 2 balance of amount payable. Used is £14,630 and new £17,276 only £2,646 difference. £244 vs £299 a month. Doesn't seem much in it. And with the car being ex demo maybe I should try and push for more of a discount. Not much to compare it to online in same spec, miles etc.

I'd buy the used one & yes I think there's more discount there that they can offer you, whether they will or not is a different subject :)

• Like 1

Was offered a great deal on a new 65 plate focus titanium less monthly cost of the zetec in panther black same spec at a different Ford dealer pick up next week. Excited 😊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club