Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on Pricing my Mondeo after Repair, HELP

dtmwelburn

Hi ppl, full story, here it goes: in july i bought a mk3 mondeo ghia on a y reg in a real dark blue colour for £520 with a known clutch problem, i have since replaced the clutch and the flywheel as this was also on its way out, i was lucky as i sourced a gd used flywheel so the 1st repair bill was £220 inc parts, now im guessing the reason why this car was so cheap was that it had done 129k and had been in a rear end crash, which has been repaired to a fair standard, tailgate needs replacing still (will be done next week), now this car also has a gearbox fault and the lugs in the inlet manifold have worn out, sourced a used manifold for just over £30 and gearbox for £100 and myself and a mechanic friend are going to fit these on sunday, but im unsure what price to set my mondeo at after these repairs, as i dont really have a use for a large family car at the moment, the spec is as with most ghia's it has digital climate control, a beige/grey interior in mint condition, and im going to supply a full MOT and tax till end of Jan 10, anyone have any idea what sort of price i should be asking taking into consideration the repairs and everything else, mileage etc, would be over the moon if anyone can help even a rough guide would see me right, thanks Dan

Hi ppl, full story, here it goes: in july i bought a mk3 mondeo ghia on a y reg in a real dark blue colour for £520 with a known clutch problem, i have since replaced the clutch and the flywheel as this was also on its way out, i was lucky as i sourced a gd used flywheel so the 1st repair bill was £220 inc parts, now im guessing the reason why this car was so cheap was that it had done 129k and had been in a rear end crash, which has been repaired to a fair standard, tailgate needs replacing still (will be done next week), now this car also has a gearbox fault and the lugs in the inlet manifold have worn out, sourced a used manifold for just over £30 and gearbox for £100 and myself and a mechanic friend are going to fit these on sunday, but im unsure what price to set my mondeo at after these repairs, as i dont really have a use for a large family car at the moment, the spec is as with most ghia's it has digital climate control, a beige/grey interior in mint condition, and im going to supply a full MOT and tax till end of Jan 10, anyone have any idea what sort of price i should be asking taking into consideration the repairs and everything else, mileage etc, would be over the moon if anyone can help even a rough guide would see me right, thanks Dan

I would say mate £800 ONO reason because of the high miles is the car petrol or diseal

I would say mate £800 ONO reason because of the high miles is the car petrol or diseal

The car a is a 2litre petrol duratec, apart from the tickin from the inlet manifold which will be sorted by the weekend the engine runs as smooth as it would new, thanks Dan

The car a is a 2litre petrol duratec, apart from the tickin from the inlet manifold which will be sorted by the weekend the engine runs as smooth as it would new, thanks Dan

I would start of at £975 and take it from there has the car got a full service history.

I would start of at £975 and take it from there has the car got a full service history.

I have no service history for it, just the original cd player with code and ive printed out all the mot history from new only had its first mot in 2005 and had 102k then, picked up the gearbox for it today and the manifold should arrive tomorrow so its gonna run and sound amazing, might even keep a hold of it for a while till i save enough for another wrx, Dan

I have no service history for it, just the original cd player with code and ive printed out all the mot history from new only had its first mot in 2005 and had 102k then, picked up the gearbox for it today and the manifold should arrive tomorrow so its gonna run and sound amazing, might even keep a hold of it for a while till i save enough for another wrx, Dan

Your haveing alot of work done to it what i would do like you said keep it for a while and get your moneys worth out of it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club