Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pushing Clutch In

mrmetallica

does any one know how many pounds of pressure it takes to push the clutch in ?

the reason i ask is i suffer chronic pain syndrome,when i walk i get numbness in my legs also burning and stabing pains.trying to get support from job ctr.they come up with crap like you drive a manual car.well im 17 stone so i dont think driving an automatic is going to help..

would like to know roughly how much pressure to put the clutch in so i can put them straight

They're all different tbh, 1.6 petrol is lighter than 1.6tdci, age and mileage will affect it as well. I can't think how you could measure it though.

I'm currently trying to deal with the JC myself, so I can empathise there! <_<

As said if there was a real way to measure how much force is required for any car everyone would be different, a new clutch system and hydraulics would be very light and easy, and old worn one heavy and harder to push.

But to be fair if you have leg pain why wouldn't you have an automatic as it would put less stress on your leg.

I broke my ankle a few years ago and some days still wish I had bought an automatic when it gives me some pain. Obviously a personal choice but for health sod MPG or any other reasons for not wanting an automatic.

As said if there was a real way to measure how much force is required for any car everyone would be different, a new clutch system and hydraulics would be very light and easy, and old worn one heavy and harder to push.

But to be fair if you have leg pain why wouldn't you have an automatic as it would put less stress on your leg.

I broke my ankle a few years ago and some days still wish I had bought an automatic when it gives me some pain. Obviously a personal choice but for health sod MPG or any other reasons for not wanting an automatic.

Some modern automatics are actually more efficient that manuals now.

ive had 2 automatics in the past and the gear boxes went on both ,so i dont really like them.

i find the clutch fairly easy to push in.its more when im walking that gives me chronic pain.

my car is an 09 1600 facelift titanium

They're all different tbh, 1.6 petrol is lighter than 1.6tdci, age and mileage will affect it as well. I can't think how you could measure it though.

I'm currently trying to deal with the JC myself, so I can empathise there! <_<

can only be a few pounds surely

Doesn't matter what you say to Job centre, the whole lot are jobsworths. You could go in to a medical, string up a noose there and then and they will still pass you as fit. Even if you had a broken spine, both legs shot off, and be in a coma and they will make you go and work. Having a manual is just another stick they can beat you with.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

can only be a few pounds surely

I'm not sure, it's very noticeably different even between otherwise identical cars (I drive a lot of cars!) and I must admit the diesel Focus clutch is usually heavier than a lot are, even though it's hydraulic, the petrol not so bad (I assume yours is petrol as you didn't say otherwise). I find it's more the action of pushing the clutch than the actual weight that causes me problems in certain cars though, not to the same extent as you of course but I get cramp and clutch leg ache very quickly in some, but almost never in others. Something to do with the seat position or the 'swing' of the pedal I guess. As said though, there isn't any way to measure it and I don't have a ball park figure I'm afraid.

Doesn't matter what you say to Job centre, the whole lot are jobsworths. You could go in to a medical, string up a noose there and then and they will still pass you as fit. Even if you had a broken spine, both legs shot off, and be in a coma and they will make you go and work. Having a manual is just another stick they can beat you with.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Ah crap, there goes my plan for tomorrow then!! :( :lol:
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club