Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Wing Mirror Repeater Bulb Change...

Ebsworth

I've searched the net and looked at the Haynes manual but cannot find any advice on changing the wing mirror indicator bulb on my mondeo.. I have found very useful tips and videos for the puddle light but not the indicator.

Can anyone tell me how to replace the indicator bulb in the wing mirror please?

Ta,

Remove the mirror cover and then lever out the indicator lens from the pointed end.

There is a question mark shaped clip on the back of the lens holding it in place.

Bulb holder just pulls out and bulb pulls out with no twisting requird.

I have a pdf version of the Mondy handbook on my home PC, I'll copy off the relevant instructions for you when I get home in the A.M.

Those long oblong clear side repeaters are mounted in the wing panels on MK 4's Clive

Discontinued on the MK4.5's - mine has two chromed inserts & some early U.K. spec MK4 2.2's had a '' 2.2 '' badge on the n/s wing only with a chrome insert on the o/s for some odd reason :)

Thanks Stoney, and all. I removed the mirror cover and the repeater just fell out, looks like the plastic clip that keeps it in place at the end closer to the car had broken - can't see how I could have done this by taking the cover off and couldn't see any plastic piece inside the mirror so am assuming it was broken when I bought the car.. Ah well looks like I'll be buying a new pair of repeaters!

The mirror cover holds the repeater in place (with a little bit of wiggle room) so it'll be ok for the time being.

Next question - what is a 'good price' for new repeaters? I found a pair on eBay for £40.00 but this seems a bit steep for what it is?

Ta,

Paul

...ignore me.. Just found a single repeater on eBay for a tenner - job done!

• Like 1