Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cam Recommendations?

b1g_dav3

Just a quick one folks;

My dash cam has decided to pack up completely, it was a cheap tenner job off fleabay.

Anyone got any recommendations for these things? I don't really want to spend much over £30, £40 being the max I can go really.

Thanks in advance.

I have a mobius & can't fault it, sure plenty of others will say the same.

At around £45, you can get the Mobius, which is really one of the best value dash-cams you can buy.

I'd highly recommend buying it from the eBay seller I bought it from (eletoponline) - who are the makers of the Mobius dashcam. It's shipped from Hong Kong, but you can't find it anywhere cheaper, and their customer service is top-notch. You can buy the standard Mobius from the link below, the same seller also sells the wide-angle lens version if you'd prefer that.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item232c961f6a

Agree with Randoms and Incontro. I have two Mobius (Mobii? :-) ) easy to set up and use.

I ordered mine from eletoponline along with two mounting brackets. Arrived within a week. Also came with a couple of free leads for charging etc.

Ive been looking at the Nextbase 402g. I want a camera with a display screen and it has a wide viewing angle too with full 1080p HD.

Mobius is spot on,very small so can't see a lot from outside and i have the CDV300 which is

well hidden away as it fits on the mirror cover not the window by a sucker so no round sucker

when you look from outside of car.

I like to hide it well as this day and age they will get into car to pinch it and the damage they do to get in.

I have the wide angle mobius and my dad has the nextbase 402g. Both are good quality, however if you pause a video recorded with the nextbase you can read numberplates of vehicles coming towards you (I'm sure I've seen it where both us and them were doing over 40-50mph) but with the mobius it's just a blur. You can make them out on parked cars when you're doing 30mph, but that seems to be about the limit. The lens on the mobius is a lot wider than the nextbase despite having a smaller angle (131 vs 140) and is very fish-eyed. For reference in my Fiesta it can see the entire windscreen and both of the small triangular side windows in front of the doors, the nextbase in my dads Focus can't see more than about 2/3 of the windscreen. The mobius is more compact as it doesn't have the screen, but at the same time doesn't have features such as speed/gps recording and the ability to automatically 'protect' a recording to prevent it being overwritten in the case of an accident. You can press the mode button on it though to protect a recording manually.

• Like 1

The Nextbase does look really good, but then it's around the £100 - 150 mark so it's way out of my budget there.

The mobius seems a little higher than I expected, but I like the idea that it can be pulled to bits easy for future upgrades or even hiding the main body away, or 3d printing bits for it. Just being an action camera it does lack a few features like auto-saving when it detects sudden stops and such.

There are lower spec Nextbase cameras too ranging from around £40.

Have one of these that I am currently trying to find time to install-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B40-PRO-Battery-Version-A118-Novatek-96650-H-264-HD-1080P-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-/161723420613?hash=item25a7778fc5

You can also get an optional GPS antenna for it so you can integrate speed logging on the video footage.

hi all first post i was thinking of getting dash cam but i dont want wires every where as i am a bit ocd have you got any pics of your cams mounted in the car.I cant have sat nav in window it drives me nutts

thanks

ant

no need just found how to do it in the how to guides

Have one of these that I am currently trying to find time to install-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B40-PRO-Battery-Version-A118-Novatek-96650-H-264-HD-1080P-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-/161723420613?hash=item25a7778fc5

You can also get an optional GPS antenna for it so you can integrate speed logging on the video footage.

I have the new one of these the CDV300X and is spot on,can't get my GPS to work as it's on the plastic mirror cover

but i would recommend this to anyone and well hidden as the angle of it.

how much would auto electritian charge to fit one as dont want to risk doing it my self as would want wires hidden.

Stoney sells the wiring kits for £15 and it is very simple to install yourself. Its literally just a case of tucking the wires behind the trim panels and the plug it into the fusebox via a piggy back fused connection which he supplies as part of the kit. Nice and easy!

• Like 1

how much would auto electritian charge to fit one as dont want to risk doing it my self as would want wires hidden.

It aint hard to fit at all just get the right stuff.

Loads of threads on here about dash cams and fitting.

I just picked up two GS8000L cam's. I did a review (signature below) I had it years ago and it packed up after I broke it, then picked them up on eBay.

£13 each, and I still love them, great quality, does the job perfectly. Easy to install.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club