Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question About Racing Seats

MaxwellEU

Hello

My Name is mark and i have a ford focus MK2 5 Door 1.6 2007 model i am looking at adding a few modifications to the car possibly having a engine swap done turning it into a track day car my idea was to fit two racing seats In the front with a harness and cage. i was also thinking about having these in the back i have asked around and most company's are saying its a very bespoke job to fit them in the back they can give me the measurements but not fit them

I would like to know weather this is something anyone has seen and Your Thoughts on my idea so i could look at it from Other angles then myself

The Cage would need to be custom built

Heres A Picture Explaining what i want to do but its a jag Not a 5 Door Mk2

Jag_XJ_Ring_Taxi_4.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mark. Are you looking at turning it into a track day only car? If not then you may find it very expensive and difficult to insure it with a roll cage and changing the seats removing the safety air bags and seat belt tensioners. Just something to consider.:)

• Like 1

i was hoping to turn it into a track / Fun car something i can use daily and enjoy myself driving i like the idea of the seats and harness. the roll cage is kind of a after thought because i am not sure weather to have it fitted or not but the racing seats in the back is something i would like to do

If you're planning on using it as your daily driver then get some insurance quotes first as i think you will be shocked even from just the seats and might want to spend your cash on other insurer friendly mods.

• Like 1

If you're planning on using it as your daily driver then get some insurance quotes first as i think you will be shocked even from just the seats and might want to spend your cash on other insurer friendly mods.

I Was just checking this out and i am surprised at the amount of money it can cost Fully comp with removal of seats spoiler braided breaks and small engine Modification I Was being quoted £8300 think its time to rethink the idea of the seats after owning the car for awhile likes the engine :(

To be honest mate a 2007 5dr 1.6 is not the best car to start modding for performance. I think maybe a couple of simple mods, wheels and lowered and then save up for something with a bit more performance to start with like a Focus ST225 or Fiesta ST150. Ive insured my 2012 Focus Zetec S 180bhp for £196 which amazed me as its rapid but still insurance friendly.:)

• Like 2

To be honest mate a 2007 5dr 1.6 is not the best car to start modding for performance. I think maybe a couple of simple mods, wheels and lowered and then save up for something with a bit more performance to start with like a Focus ST225 or Fiesta ST150. Ive insured my 2012 Focus Zetec S 180bhp for £196 which amazed me as its rapid but still insurance friendly. :)

Being 18 Insurance on a Ford St Is non existent Thats where i had the idea to start with a 1.6 to get use to a bit more power then a 1,1 and swap the engine for a st engine after driving a 1.6 for 3 years while starting work doing the interior Mods and Sound System :)

I didnt realise you are only 18 Mark. If i were you then i would just do as stated earlier. Bigger wheels, stick to Ford rims as they are more insurance friendly if they are a manufacturer option rather than aftermarket. So, a set of Ford 18's, lowered 30-40mm, stereo install, exhaust, air filter. At a later date with another years NCB you could go down the ST replica route as a few on here have done.

• Like 1

Either of these Ford 18's will look good on your car with a suspension drop.

post-65127-144035682338_thumb.jpg

post-65127-144035683585_thumb.jpg

I didnt realise you are only 18 Mark. If i were you then i would just do as stated earlier. Bigger wheels, stick to Ford rims as they are more insurance friendly if they are a manufacturer option rather than aftermarket. So, a set of Ford 18's, lowered 30-40mm, stereo install, exhaust, air filter. At a later date with another years NCB you could go down the ST replica route as a few on here have done.

After looking at it i have just noticed that if i drive my current car for 2 years the insurance on a 2.5 ST is 2000 pound and 3 it gets to about 1500 pound after thinking about it if i just keep driving my current car for 2 years and save 400 pound a month in 24 months i would have enough money to buy a Nice Ford Focus ST 5dr i think really thats what i need to do thank you for all your help :)

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan mate! You can always do some cheap mods using used parts while youre waiting though and then you can put the car back to standard and sell the parts on again when youre ready to upgrade.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club