1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

bigjimmyauk

What Does This Belt Do

Car is a 2005 2.0tdci 130ps LX

Just noticed the belt in the pics is cracking a little I have no idea what that belt does. Can someone tell me what it is and how much it would likely be to be replacedpost-44861-0-11046500-1440335881_thumb.jpost-44861-0-21326600-1440335856_thumb.j

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've seen some people online saying it's the water pump but I don't think that's right looking at it. Apparently it's a 15 minute job to do at home. Half tempted to give it a try.

In future, in getting technical advice it can be helpful to tell people which engine you have (or trim level, if the question is one for which that is relevant).

Remember, that answer is not just for you, it is also for other people who have a similar issue, and they'll want to know they have the same engine.

In future, in getting technical advice it can be helpful to tell people which engine you have (or trim level, if the question is one for which that is relevant).

Remember, that answer is not just for you, it is also for other people who have a similar issue, and they'll want to know they have the same engine.

Chances are if someone doesn't know from that picture what the engine is then they won't know what the belt is.

Looking at the picture it is a 2.0 or 2.2 tdci so it is indeed power steering belt.