Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who have purchased a personalised registration plate...

Michael P

when you've purchased your number plate off whatever website/phone line you got it off, how long did the certificate of entitlement take to arrive?

and once you have the certificate of entitlement how long do you have to assign it to a car?

cheers :)

I got my plate off DVLA website, and the certificate took less than a week to come. You get 12 months to put on a car if you need longer no probs you just apply to extend the certificate for another 12 months and it cost £25 .

I have brought 2 plates off dvla and both times I saw the same plates on other websites for a lot more money always try dvla webiste first

thank you for that, for this plate and plates i buy in the future i will always use the DVLA, i look for the plates on different websites that make it easier and clearer but i would never buy the plates off any other website, whats the need to spend an extra £100 on a plate when you can buy it straight off the big cheese for a much cheaper price?!

Yes definately use the DVLA website. Not sure how long mine took to come as it was a surprise.

Have you bought it Michael?

no i haven't yet, i'm having it as a birthday present

my dad is going to buy it about a month from now, beginning of october time so that its all sorted way before my birthday

then ill buy the plates and give them to my mum for wrapping up, and the week before ill go the the DVLA office to get the plate assigned!

my dad is going to buy it about a month from now, beginning of october time so that its all sorted way before my birthday

I think I'll buy the plate now, just to annoy you lol :D

i have had so many threats of people buying it, i will be so angry if someone does!!!

i have had so many threats of people buying it, i will be so angry if someone does!!!

Imagine if you go to buy it and it's gone... you're going to think it was someone from here and it might not be.

Or.. is my post now out of date as you have already bought it?

had my plate on my car for 8 months and it looks like this,

got pulled by the police today.

wv5xfo.jpg

been on the car ages and never been pulled but got pulled today not fined or anything he just said..."its up to you if you changed it or not but if you get pulled again you might get a fine" so think i'm just going to leave it for now.

had my plate on my car for 8 months and it looks like this,

got pulled by the police today.

wv5xfo.jpg

been on the car ages and never been pulled but got pulled today not fined or anything he just said..."its up to you if you changed it or not but if you get pulled again you might get a fine" so think i'm just going to leave it for now.

Nice plate even if it's illegal! Don't you think they will be looking out for you though?

Nice plate even if it's illegal! Don't you think they will be looking out for you though?

yeah maybe, but the bloke who pulled me over was brilliant he was not a traffic cop so he was sound about the matter, he said "it dont bother him because he can read it but if i get a moody traffic officer i might get a fine" lol just wait and see if i get stopped again i will plead and beg please dont fine me and i will order some new plates lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club