Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Boot

Steveng71

Hi guys I've got water in the boot of my focus but can't seem to find the leak any suggestions please

Its a 2004. My 2012 was leaking past the seal on the rear quarter body vent behind the rear bumper. That was just a case of removing the bumper and sealing the vent with sealant. The best thing to do is tape a hose pipe to the roof with masking tape and leave it running water over the car for 30mins. Put the rear seats down and remove the parcel shelf so you can then sit in the boot and look for where its getting in. Greasing the rear light seals will be a good starting point too.

• Like 1

My MK1 Focus leaked in the exact same place Wes mentioned.

Another time the tube to the rear window washer spray thing was loose and it was trickling onto the boot from there.

• Like 1

Seems a problem with a lot of fords around the rear lights,,,,my 2006 was getting a little damp and it turned out to be the screw fittings,,,,,the rear lights are held in place by a top and bottom pin that locks in a plastic mould they don't leak there but the cluster has a top and bottom screw the screw fits in to a plastic stud type thing with adhesive foam holding the little plastic thing in place,,,and under the light cluster is a couple of grommets all I did was smear sealer around them and around the plastic screw fittings and bone dry now even in a hose pipe session it did not leak a drop.....

Paul

When i had one it was the rear wash wipe water supply pipe which had become loose at a joint,think its on the left side behind the panel if i remember correctly.

Check the rear washer for fluid output - if there is none it's leaking as described above

• 2 years later...

This thread is really old, but thought I'd comment as it might help people in the future. I had issues with water getting into the boot, first a suspected it was getting in near the lights and running down, or getting in through the vents behind the rear bumper as mentioned by others.

Finally I tracked the issue down to cracks between where the panels meet. You can see what I mean from the pictures attached. After sealing up the cracks, boot remained dry.

IMG_20180804_125916.jpg

IMG_20180804_125920.jpg

IMG_20180804_134215.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club