Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vs Fiesta!!

JT_Fiesta02

Needing help here guys! Currently got a 1.4 mk6 fiesta! I'm looking to upgrade to a 1.6! I'm a big fan of speed and looks so what is the better option! A 1.6 focus mk2 or 1.6 fiesta mk6! I'm not sure the models available for the focus but it would be a zetec s fiesta! Would maybe consider the new fiesta as well! Just need a powerful and easy to do up car!! Help guys!!!

I'm not 100% sure yet! I'm not wanting to finance a car so maybe 5k max

I'm assuming you want a petrol just a rough idea on the Focus end of things (I know it's Arnold Clark some people don't like them but this is just for an idea)

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ford/focus/1.8-zetec-5dr/2008-(58)/ref/arnci-u-30536/

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ford/focus/1.8-zetec-5dr/2010/ref/arnbt-u-39342/

Looking at Fiesta's they seem to be quite expensive for a 1.6 and Diesels you might want to try Evans Halshow and eBay.

• Like 1

Petrol yeah! Yeah I don't mind Arnold Clark but forgot to mention I would prefer a 3dr! I've had a look at the fiesta zetec s and they are below 2k for an okay one! I've got one at the moment but it's a standard zetec and I need a bit more of power now I'll send a recent pic

Looks a nice Fiesta should just get it remapped and get a few goodies added.

• Like 1

Yeah I love it! Got full st interior but I've had a look at the remap and even with a remap and exhaust and air filter etc it's not as quick as a zetec s! But I'm guessing it's cause I don't have a turbo

Also costs a heck of a lot!

Dude! Exclamation marks!

I would go for the Focus! But then I own one!

I guess the Fiesta 1.6 will be quicker as it is probably lighter! But the Focus is in my opinion the better of the two! I doubt a 1.6 will be much quicker than a 1.4 though!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

Sorry, that's just how I do a full stop as a full stop just looks blunt and I'm quite an outgoing person. Am I best just keeping my car and getting a miltek exhaust and new air filter? But I want a zetec s spoiler and bumpers?? What will be the best option?

I'd personally get miltek and air induction kit and get the engine cleaned properly, the body kit get from eBay or a breakers yard

• Like 1

Yeah think I'm gonna do that! Thanks! I want the full system but dunno if it's available in the standard zetec! Any induction kit to recommend for the fez??

Go for k&n or green cotton go to the websites and check I'd check but I'm at work on my break at the moment

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking piper cross or k&n! And I can't see milltek on there page

In all honesty mate, An exhaust is not going to make your car go any faster, make it sound a lot better and might give it a very slight increase in bhp. but doubt it would be noticeable. The Miltek does sound great. I have the Miltek ultimate on my ST.

Just sounds nice when pottering along, but when you hit the loud pedal it just bursts into noise, pops bangs and all the things you want it to sound like. Plus if you want to go down the de cat route.

Don't go expecting big massive speed increases though going from a 1.4 to a 1.6 Fiesta or Focus. Don't get me wrong, The zetec s is a quick wee car and fun to drive.

• Like 2

Mk6 Fiesta 1.4 79.1bhp , Mk6 fiesta 1.6 99.9bhp

Still weak engines for their displacement compared to other manufacturers. Even remapped they don't gain much.

You'd be better going for anything with a turbo, or a focus depending on what engine they have? Can't comment on that as I don't own one

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Reckon I'll just stick with my car at the moment

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they do milltek for a 1.4 zetec? Can't seem to find anything anywhere! Can only find cobra or peco for my car but the YouTube videos don't sound that great for them both??

You might be able to get a MK7 Fiesta Zetec S for not much more than your £5k budget, judging by my experience selling my MK7 Titanium 1.6 about 16 months ago. I struggled to get £6k for it selling privately and had to go to We Buy Any Car.

So over a year later I would think the prices will be even lower, and that was an 09 Fiesta with just under 30k miles on it. Going from a 1.4 with 80 bhp to a 1.6 with 120 was a big leap forward, not to mention that the MK7 is a much better car to drive in general.

Edit: I just had a quick look on Autotrader and there are loads of MK7 Zetec S around £5k, including some sold by dealers so you would get a warranty. There was even one just over 4k which had been modified, but that sort of thing might be a good idea because obviously you can change the mods to whatever you want.

• Like 2

Yeah! Had been thinking the zetec s turbo diesel for a while but wasn't too sure about it

^ I don't really like diesels myself and haven't driven a Fiesta diesel so don't know what the engine is like. But I can say that the 1.6 petrol in the MK7 is a really nice smooth engine, so that's the one I'd go for if you want to enjoy driving the car. I'd go and test drive whichever cars you are considering anyway and see which engine you like best :)

• Like 1

My friends brother has the diesel and we were racing! (always a bad idea kids) and I was winning up til 60 then his turbo kicked in and he rocketed right past me

• Like 1

Adult men shouldn't be driving around in Fiesta's or Ka's or Corsa's or Mini's or 208's or any other girls cars. Just saying.

But then I've got a Focus so I would say that.

• Like 5

Hahaha! On my way into town I was followed by a white focus with black wheels! Think I'm convinced...:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club