Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction Service Now

Woz123

Hello

Car;

Ford fiesta 1.6 tdci 2010

No dpf

Egr blank fitted

I was driving down the dual carriageway today. All of a sudden the 'engine malfunction service now' message appeared on the radio dash and the engine management light on the dash.

The car seemed very sluggish and appeared to had lost boost from the turbo. Foot to the floor 1st, 2nd gear were dire, no pull what soever.

I pulled up. Turned the car off. Took the key out. Put the key straight back in and the car is back to normal. No light and full of power. Took it around the block revving every gear to see if it would do it again and no problem at the minute. All pipes are tight and look intact. If they were loose then the car surely would still have the same issue.

Has anyone got any idea whats going on here?

Thanks

I had the same issue with my 1.6 tdci 2009, but it was obvious it was the boost pipe, I would make sure that they are all the way down and that the hose clamps are tight.

What i ended up doing was taking them both off, cleaning the inside where they fit to the intercooler and engine and then replacing the hose clamps.

Maybe also check the boost pipe from the turbo to the intercooler on the turbo side, my o ring went inside it and also caused the same issue when i first got the car.

Hopefully this helps!

What does your idle engine speed look like after a few revs?

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

In response to the boost pipe. I understand what you're saying. But surely if the pipe had come off slightly, turning the car off and back on again, wouldn't have sorted the pipe out.

Idle speed is fine even after revs. Since the light, the car has been completely back to normal.

Maybe some dodgy sensor that threw up a fault causing engine to run in limp home mode.

Yeh hopefully thats the case.

Plugged in the obd2 fault code reader since. No faults were stored.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys. I have a 1.4tdci fiesta 59plate I have recently changed the EGR Valve and the turbo do there both brand new now and got fitted at a garage. Although I have the same problem you guys are talking about. Car drives a dream and only now and then when it wants to lol it will send a message to my centre console screen saying "engine malfunction please service now"  also an orange symbol which is a crank with exclamation mark inside it. I love power and seems to run slugish? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club