Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd6000 Speaker Connections

MrRedman

Hi the rear Speakers in my focus mk2 aren't working seems a common problem, what I'm thinking is bridging the positive sides of these Speakers to the front Speakers would this work or damage the head unit? If so its just a case of identifying the correct wires

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Easiest option is to replace them with say 6x9 in the parcel shelf if you remove the covers at the seatbelt mounting points next to the doors the wires are there I extended from those wires to the rear ill get on the pc in the morning and tell you the colours

Hi Arthur ill check for wires tomorrow ive read it could be the outputs in the head unit which have gone dead? So you feel its the Speakers themselves then? thanks

Hi Arthur ill check for wires tomorrow ive read it could be the outputs in the head unit which have gone dead? So you feel its the speakers themselves then? thanks

I can't 'help' in anyway and our problems might not have the same cause, but my Speakers in the rear have been dying and resurrecting for a little while now. I think it was left rear, then right rear, then back on, then I think I lost front drivers at some point, then all on, rear off again, and now I'm hovering around rear left working and not working (rear right is off)....

Says to me something is funny with the wires or connections, but I've fiddled with the head unit to no avail...

The issue is ford stuck the Speakers and connectors in the doors where they can corrode with no protection so the cheap paper Speakers just go

White and violet is rear +

Grey and white rear-

On the other side its violet +

Grey -

Thanks both of you

I'll have another look at it today

Cheers

I've had a look there are no wires in mine !

I'm going to swap out the head unit to confirm if it's that or the Speakers next when I have the time

• Like 1

The speaker wires are under the seatbelt pillar trim at the bottom easiest way to check is access the wires strip the insulation back and test a new or working speaker if it works its the Speakers has been on most I've fixed

The wire colours are right rear white + grey -

Left rear white and violet + grey and white-

• Like 1

Thanks for that I'll be taking a look !

Hi I've checked this, all I got was a crackle so guess I'll swap the head unit out see what happens then

Thanks Arthur

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update Haha Ive swapped the head unit out still the same so on further reading up on here ive followed a chap called Hassens lead and im going to swap the Speakers but still using the surround from the old ones.Ive ordered Speakers the same ones as him and some door clips(£2.49)bound to break a couple! so Cheers Hassen and ill be having a go hopefully Sunday!!

• Like 1

Best of luck buddy, I'm definitely interested in how you get on.

• Like 2

Best of luck buddy, I'm definitely interested in how you get on.

+1 🔊

Now I've cut out the middle with a hacksaw bladepost-19322-144215714469_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And finally screwed in place a replacement speaker joined the wires from the original Speakers to the new cable from the new Speakers and now the music is on in the back and a million times better #jobdone post-19322-144215728791_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Door cards all fit nicely? I noticed the new speaker is sticking out a bit more?

• Like 1

Hi the cards are tight against the speaker but all the clips are back in just took more of a whack! The fronts of these new Speakers are rubber so there was some give in them took about 1 and 1/2 hours took my time and also pre drilled the holes the screws we're going in in the existing plastic £22 for the Speakers of eBay

• Like 2

I went for pioneer ones at £39.99 they're also 240watts and same spec but are 38.5mm mounting depth and those above are 44mm mounting depth gives just enough room to play with and clear the door cards but the sound difference is huge from stock

• Like 1

Anyone got any links to suitable speakers? Preferably in the close to free range...

I've found Fusion to be good value for money in the past,

Perhaps browse stock on Halfords website as well as soundevo and caraudiodirect for end of stock clearance

get yourself somthing worth more than what your paying.