Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Owner. Modification Advice

Zachtdi

Hi guys.

I've just confirmed the purchase of this 1.8 tdci titanium.

Screenshot_2015-08-23-13-32-40_1_zpsjctq

Its my first ford. I've had around 20 cars. 95% being VAG but I'm buying my first house and need something cheap to run so I've chosen this. It's an ex demo so has all the optional extras.

Thinking about lowering it on springs but the picture makes it look a fairly nice height anyway. That plus some spacers so improve the fitment a little.

Is their anything I could do body wise? The front grille is broken from where they hit a hare so thinking maybe a zetec s grille or something?

What do we think?

Thanks

• Like 1

Nice looking Focus. I had those wheels on my old Cmax.

Cheers chaps.

I like the wheels wes, probably be the first car I've had and not replaced the wheels.

This was my last car.

5_zpskiw5qjhe.jpg

Was a great car but was too low to be practical. Didn't want to raise it up because I didn't like how it looked higher

• Like 3

I bet that was fun with speed humps, looks good though!

I bet that was fun with speed humps, looks good though!

Not much fun no haha

IMAG0264_zps1y2wtmgk.jpg

Love how it looked parked up though. Look forward to getting the focus paint up to the same standard.

IMG_20150801_233809_zpsmbtuq2ga.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, now that is shiny!B)

You have some major bufty issues!:D

Wow, now that is shiny!B)

You have some major bufty issues!:D

Bufty? Haha

Apparently there are a few meanings for "Bufty" in the Urban Dictionary lol. Ive only ever known the definition of "Bufty" to be someone who is obsessed with cleaning their car.

Bufty

To clean, shine, and detail a car to perfection. On average a 2-4 hour job cleaning the inside, outside, and underside. The industry standard set by Frayz2buckets is the last 2 buckets of water used must remain clear hence the name.

Hello Bob are you busy tomorrow, Yeah sorry mate its my usual Saturday morning bufty session, are you doing a frayz2buckets, Yeah sorry, OK mate I will see you at the posers cruise.

super clean jetta is that after market headlamps

Apparently there are a few meanings for "Bufty" in the Urban Dictionary lol. Ive only ever known the definition of "Bufty" to be someone who is obsessed with cleaning their car.

Bufty

To clean, shine, and detail a car to perfection. On average a 2-4 hour job cleaning the inside, outside, and underside. The industry standard set by Frayz2buckets is the last 2 buckets of water used must remain clear hence the name.

Hello Bob are you busy tomorrow, Yeah sorry mate its my usual Saturday morning bufty session, are you doing a frayz2buckets, Yeah sorry, OK mate I will see you at the posers cruise.

Having owned a detailing business and a garage full of polishes/machines/pads I can't argue with you. Never heard that word before tho so learnt something new!

And no 'theredfox' they were factory xenons :)

• Like 1

I don't agree with Urban Dictionary...2 hours is a quick wash and vac for some of us lol!

Zach, those wheels weren't standard on the Titanium, either they've been specced up or replaced later on, either way they're the ones I'd change to if I had spare funds lol! :D Looks like it may've been lowered too, more like Zetec level than Titanium level. :)

Up to you what you do with the exterior, I quite like the front but the rear is a little dull imo, could do with a sports bumper and shiny exhaust if that's your sort of thing.

Very nice Jetta btw, I'm another VAG fan bought a Ford lol.

• Like 1

I don't agree with Urban Dictionary...2 hours is a quick wash and vac for some of us lol!Zach, those wheels weren't standard on the Titanium, either they've been specced up or replaced later on, either way they're the ones I'd change to if I had spare funds lol! :D Looks like it may've been lowered too, more like Zetec level than Titanium level. :)Up to you what you do with the exterior, I quite like the front but the rear is a little dull imo, could do with a sports bumper and shiny exhaust if that's your sort of thing.Very nice Jetta btw, I'm another VAG fan bought a Ford lol.

Thanks mate that's really helpful. When I pick it up I can go over it properly and look at the springs and things, could definitely do with cheering the back up a bit.

How did you manage the switch from vag? Haha

quite easy left vag for ford but will return vag again in future :D

quite easy left vag for ford but will return vag again in future :D

That's cool. I wanted an a5 really but for now I need something cheap and sensible. Hopefully should still be worth what I paid in a year or so time too

• Like 2

Hi guys.

I've just confirmed the purchase of this 1.8 tdci titanium. Screenshot_2015-08-23-13-32-40_1_zpsjctq

Its my first ford. I've had around 20 cars. 95% being VAG but I'm buying my first house and need something cheap to run so I've chosen this. It's an ex demo so has all the optional extras.

Thinking about lowering it on springs but the picture makes it look a fairly nice height anyway. That plus some spacers so improve the fitment a little.

Is their anything I could do body wise? The front grille is broken from where they hit a hare so thinking maybe a zetec s grille or something?

What do we think?

Thanks

welcome to the forum,

You may like to view my list of Guides including changing lower grill and the various grills available for fitting list of guides can be viewed here:

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/&ved=0CB0QFjAAahUKEwix3ui-hcXHAhVEK9sKHTnJAKE&usg=AFQjCNF_jUzFEqw5X3E-vCcv_8WqIoSgew

also from looking at the picture there your focus is already lowered 35mm from stock.

welcome to the forum,

You may like to view my list of Guides including changing lower grill and the various grills available for fitting list of guides can be viewed here: https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/&ved=0CB0QFjAAahUKEwix3ui-hcXHAhVEK9sKHTnJAKE&usg=AFQjCNF_jUzFEqw5X3E-vCcv_8WqIoSgew

also from looking at the picture there your focus is already lowered 35mm from stock.

That's great mate thanks. Guides will be useful for sure. And it definitely does look lowered doesn't it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club