Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Market Bluetooth

LGee48

Hi all

Had my fiesta nearly three years now and it's never bothered me that the car doesn't have built in bluetooth. Until May when we bought an smax that does. Any recommendations for an aftermarket one or is there an upgrade I can get for the stereo? It's a 2010 econectic style plus version.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Parrot is probably your easiest solution. I think they start around £50ish from Halfrauds.

• Like 1

Do they link I tot he stereo to mute it at all? I used to have a visor clipped one that just had a mic and speaker in it but looking back for something more like what's built I tot he smax

Not too sure. I started looking for the Wife's Focus as she has no BT link, but she's made do with the Garmin satnav as it has a BT link for her phone. To add a BT module to an existing unit seemed to be an expensive option.

Thought it might be. I'm no good when it comes to in car stuff give me a broken pc application any day. Think I may need to speak with the father he is good with this stuff

Have seen this not sure about connecting tho : http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-entertainment-accessories/bluetooth-headsets-car-kits/io-play2-advanced-bluetooth-music-streaming-handsfree-car-kit

the IO website says the car is compatable and its a good prive at halford might have to go have a look

• Like 1

Upgrade using factory parts is probably more trouble than its worth (in addition to the usual module + config change needed for bvc-low to bvc-high, you'd need the loom and dig about the wiring). I haven't seen anyone mention success upgrading without existing bluetooth around.

Third party kit is probably a better idea.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Just talking to my nieces fella he works in Halfords so looking at the io one from them is likely my choice. It's cheaper and better reviewed than the parrot equivalent. Blooming nightmare now trying to stay safe on the roads now my job needs me to be available for call out so need a safe way of connecting in both cars and I blooming hate headsets.

• Like 1

£100 for a bit of kit or £££'s fine and points on licence. Not a difficult one :)

Nope it most certainly is not especially when you add on his staff discount hehe

• Like 1

I had Parrot in my Studio until I upgraded to the Zebec. Parrot does everything you want to.

I went for the one without a screen as I already have a screen on the dashboard - the Parrot will allow you to make calls and have music play through it wirelessly.

Yes it was a Fiesta Studio - what version do you have?

It came with a little dial to answer the phone, put it down and other options.. It also gave me the option to do DTMF tones (if I was on the phone to a company such as Vodafone, I could press 1, press 2 etc...)

It was the Parrot MKi9000 - this one: http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9000/

I would recommend this product to everyone.

I have a style plus sept 2010. Bit worried about fitting as most of the centre console would need to come out to access the back of the stereo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club