Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!!

DAVE7

Hi, i have a ford focus estate 1.6TDCI 2007. I have recently fitted a reconditioned turbo and secondhand EGR valve however i still have hardly any power in first or second gear plus the engine light has also just come on.

whilst in 1st & 2nd gear it drives like my foot is still on the clutch, if you get what i mean

Any ideas?

Is the clutch worn? Aka, slipping, so it'll act like your foots on the clutch.. when was it last changed?

The extra torque in lower gears will amplify the problem

Hi, haven't changed the clutch since we bought it. We bought it secondhand about nearly 4 years ago. Gear changes are ok and the clutch seems ok, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear are ok but car struggles to get past 70mph

whilst in 1st & 2nd gear it drives like my foot is still on the clutch, if you get what i mean

Any ideas?

What do you mean if the clutch feels okay?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It only feels like the clutch is pressed in using 1st & 2nd gear

It only feels like the clutch is pressed in using 1st & 2nd gear

The pedal does? Or the revs rise and the speed doesn't? (- slipping clutch)

When you accelerate in 2nd gear (or any gear for that matter) put your foot on the accelerator quickly, if your clutch is slipping you'll see the RPM rise quickly but your road speed will stay the same, if this happens, your clutch is slipping and needs renewed.

• Like 1

When accelerating in 1st / 2nd gear the revs go to about 3000rpm but car hardly moves

Time for a new clutch I'm afraid

• Like 1

Not the news I wanted to hear after just replacing the turbo and EGR valve. What price do you think I'm looking at?

Before doing that bud check all your fuses even in the engine bit my car wouldn't start thought it was the fuel pump gone checked my fuel pump fuse it had blown put new one in started up straightaway I've just put a new fuel filter on too running a lot better don't rush into anything buddy

• Like 1

Also get your sensors looked at if your engine management light is on could be that too with speed probs

Thanks Colin. After speaking to more people today it may be another problem with the egr valve or pipes around it. Put the car on my friends diagnostic machine but it's only a cheap one of eBay i think and it said Egr problem, think I'll have to go to a proper garage and use there machine - don't wanna pay the £40 to be told the same problem though. Needs looking at properly but I just seem to be throwing money at it left right and centre

Blanking the EGRV is cheaper than a second hand one & guaranteed to work

• Like 1

What happens to the performance of the car if you use a blanking plate?

There won't be a great improvement in performance - but your engine & turbo will live much longer & you'll never have to buy another EGRV

• Like 1

What happens to the performance of the car if you use a blanking plate?

Mpg increases too, with no negative effects

before you go changing the clutch, have you had exhaust issues? My mate's Civic had the tell-take signs of a buggered clutch, but when it went in for diagnosis the back box exploded, and the car worked fine again. What was going to be a costly bill ended up nice and cheap.

You probably aren't going to be that lucky, but it is worth checking just in case

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Fitting the blanking plate is an easy job

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club