Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser Light On Permanently, Any Ideas?

Ffoc

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post, I am new to the club....

I have a Ford focus titanium 1.6 tdci.

The immobiliser light has been permanently illuminated (fixed red light) for about a month.

History leading up to this......

Alarm chimes and 'engine malfunction' message, but still drove ok.After a few local journeys, the car went into limp mode.

Ran diagnostic check, errors were glow plugs and dpf

Had glow plugs replaced, codes cleared. All was fine, but the immobiliser light came on and has stayed on since.

400 mile motorway drive. A couple of short journeys and then 'engine malfunction' message again and immediate limp mode.

Codes not showing anything but had dpf checked. Very dirty. Flushed out and refitted.

Another 400 mile drive. Fingers crossed all is ok. But this light is really worrying me......

Any advice would be great, thanks in advance.

Immobiliser light or engine management light ?

• Like 1

Possible EGRV issue ?

Is it blanked ?

• Like 1

Definitely the immobiliser (PATS control)

Sorry, don't know what you mean by is it blanked....

Is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve blanked ? - as an unblanked malfunctioning EGRV could be causing limp mode too - but the pats definitely needs sorting out & is quite possibly a dealer job

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your speedy replies.

The car is 7 years old and has given us very little problems up til now. We have not made any adjustments to the exhaust/ dpf etc except for the recent dpf flush out.

As for the pats, there is no problem with starting the car so the key is being recognised ok. The only other, possibly related issue, is that I can't trip the alarm (eg by rocking car) so not sure it's actually setting alarm when I lock?

• 4 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club