Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Multichanger

eddievirago

Hi all,

I need a new cd multichanger. I've looked around and there are many. are all ford changers compatible or do I need to get the specific part? I've also read about codes. Are changers plug and play or will I need a code and if so, how do I get that???

I'm sorry, questions questions, questions....

regards,

EddieV

Not all Ford CD changers are the same. Older Ford models like the focus mk1 did have a CD changer that communicates by a SCP bus network. Newer Ford models like the Focus MK2 did have a CD changer that communicates by the CANbus network.

A 2007 Focus MK2 has the CANbus CD changer. This type of CD changer is only sold for a relative short period. Used Ford CANbus CD changers are very rare and prices are high.

Sorry to hijack as this is about a multichanger, is it possible to retro fit one thats not included on a MK2.5 focus?

Retrofitting the original CD-changer is only possible if the (original) headunit has CD changer support. On the Focus MK2.5 only the Travelpilot FX and NX do have CD-changer support.

Next to this the CD-changer wiring is fully integrated into the interior wiring loom of the car. This is not a seperate wiring loom. Cars equipped with the optional CD-changer do have a different type of interior wiring loom. If you want to retrofit the original CD-changer you also have to change the interior wiring loom or make a wiring loom yourself.

Probably easier (and cheaper) to just swap the HU to a 6 disc unit.

Hi all, thank you so very much for your thoughts. I have added some pictures to show my unit and current changer. The unit in my car is quite rare on a focus I believe. If any one can tell me which car this unit would normally be in I'd be thankfull. Also new thoughts on the original questions? Thanks

focus_cd.jpg

What head unit do you have and did it fit straight in? Does the handsfree work with it?

Hi Andrew. This unit has always been i the car since I got it. I had been having issues with theunit it where the sat nav worked but no audio of any kind. I thought the unit was broken. I ran a diagnostic which told me that the cd changer was not present. I then had a new battery put in and the unity worked fully for a short time. So I now know the unit works, leaving the CD changer as the only possible fault????

I currently have no audio on cd, radio, sat nav, phone or voice control.

Hi Clive,

thanks for that. I have seen this. my concern is that the software level on this is 3. Mine is 4. Do you think it would make a difference?

It may do so can't guarantee functionality.

I couldn't see the version details in your pictures as the resolution was low on my phone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club