Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2010 Plate Zetec Trim 1.6l (100ps) - Belt Or Chain?

briscaF1

Hi all,

New poster, here, so please be gentle ;-)

I think I know the answer to this from another thread on this forum but is the 1.6L 100PS engine a belt or chain cam? I've seen numerous conflicting posts all over the place but would like a definitive answer, please!

If it is a belt, is it 100k / 8 years that it needs changing at? And, is this the right kit?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_14_and_16_timing_belt_kit_2008-2011_f_1672144_c_812.htm

Generally speaking, if this was changed at a Ford dealer how much is it? And, how much might you expect to pay at a competent independent?

I think it's a bit early for mine to be changed (5 years old, 36k miles) but just wanted to have an idea up front of what to expect.

Thanks for any help.

Its a belt

That's the right kit

The time to change is a contentious issue on here ignore what ford say that is based on the belt not the tensioner and its the tensioner that usually goes.

As for price it varies around 200 up here at ford I would only get ford to do it with the kit they purchase if something fails ford will fix as its guaranteed an independent doesn't do that as has been posted on here before when an Indy did it wrong most indys don't know to replace the stretch bolts on the tensioner and refit the old ones

• Like 1

Cheers for the quick reply.

When you say ignore what Ford say, are we talking about changing every 4, 5, 6 or 7 years?

With regards to the tensioner, is this something you can hear being on its way out or are they prone to failing without warning?

Thanks again.

A tensions can whine or chatter or just go some change 6 yrs some wait to the limit from the posts on here its clear it can go at anytime I do it every 6 yrs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club