Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternator Swap?

Verity Ferret

Hi everyone,

Newbie here and I will ask lots of questions which I apologise for in advance!

I am lucky enough to have 2 Fords - 1 is my absolute love,a 1.7 Puma who has looked after me for years, and the 2nd is a very new arrival who was going to be made homeless or even sent to the scrappy which was a big no no! She is a 1.6 Focus, mk1 I think (Y reg, '00 plate) and I have spent some money to get her up and going.

Whilst trying to bring her back to life, I ended up with 2 alternators due to brother trying to help (bless).

Anyhow a friend is in desperate need of an alternator and I was wondering if it is possible to swap. Sounds simple eh but friends car is a 1.8 on a V plate. They are both ghia but I have a suspicion that there will be a difference in pulleys as well as the obvious engine size/power. Can someone advise on whether this will work or if Lucy will have to fork out for an alternator.

Many many thanks

Verity

the mounting holes are diffferent .. bigger on the 1.8 also in a different place

Cheers Ferret! Friends car is actually an X reg but same rules apply!

I'm sure there will be many other problems that I will pick your brains over!

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club