Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear End Suspension Help Please

swampdiver

well finally managed to get car down to my local quick fit for them to have a look at what was making the knocking noise on the rear end of the focus. turns out it is the rear lower arm, they said it has fractured where the anti roll bar bolt and bush set up goes through it, and it is this that is making the noise when i drive over bumps. had everything else checked and nothing else wrong on the back end.

well they have quoted me £112 per side to to replace the lower arm and then said it needs the rear toe adjusted at another £25 and also due to doing this i would need the front checked and adjusted at another £50

as it is only one side that has a problem with and due to being skint i will only be looking at having the problem side sorted out, plus i may only have the car for another month max so dont really want to spend out a small fortune (well it is for me) when i may not be keeping it on the road in a few weeks time.

but still they are looking at

£112

£25

£50

total of £187

so my questions are thus.

how much of a diy job is it to replace the rear lower arm

is the work they are wanting to do really necessary? or are they trying to get extra out of me.

does the price look to be right or too much,

the guy said it would be about 1 hr to replace max but that it may need new camber bolts as they normally snap on removal, is this just the bolts that hold the arm in place?

If you are on about the dog bone one I would say tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine, if it is the knuckle assembly then they are very cheap on their price, I have never snapped a bolt in one, but I use loads of spray often leaving it to soak while I do something else, I have never bothered with any adjustments, just make sure everything is back in the same place

its the one with the circle in the middle of it that the spring sits on, not the rear front lower arm. if that helps?

They are £71 from ecp, so £112 fitted is not bad

So they won't 75 total to adjust the tracking after the rest of the work?

Tell them to shove it

• Like 1

Why 25 rear, 50 front? Both take roughly the same time to do.

• Like 1

Why 25 rear, 50 front? Both take roughly the same time to do.

And a good indie charges 35-55 total!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

i can get the actual part for just under £40 my self. which is why i was asking about poss doing it my self.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club