Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem Starting Car

trebor11

Hi all

seems i,ve got new problems all the time, anyway, my cmax 1.6 tdci has problems starting but not all the time. It took about 5 mins to start this morning and it cut out when I was driving home from work the other day and I had to leave about 10 mins to start it again. I've also noticed that its idling very erratically....any ideas. There's no warning lights and I've plugged a hand held reader in and it hasn't picked up any codes

cheers

I'd get the battery and alternator tested. Unplug the mass air flow plug if you don't get a change in idle then I'd say it's not that but then that alone should through up a code.

Does the glow plug light go out within 2 seconds on turning the key?

Hi all just an update, thanx for the comment by the way. I went to a diagnostic's place and they plugged it in for me. They said they cleared some faults but the one was their most concern was the DPF. Anyway he said that the DPF was not clogged when he checked it and that he inputted into the ECU that he had fitted a new DPF and said that I should take it for a good run on the motorway once a week to stop the DPF from clogging up. I then had some more advice to run the car for 15 minutes at 3000 revs to burn off what ever is in the DPF. It ran ok for a while after he had plugged it in but now the problem is back...any ideas please....thanx

Change fuel filter first but sounds like fuel pump on way out was any fuel faults but start with basics first fuel filter be cheapest

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Well the car finally failed on me this week. I,ve been running it with the MAF unplugged for a while and the problems I was getting eased, but Monday I broke down on a roundabout and could,nt get it to start. AA came out and said MAF straight away (which I knew about) and it was showing low fuel pressure so he said get the filter changed because there was no fuel getting to the filter (he had to bleed it to get the car started).

Got all those things done on Thursday but i,m still getting intermitant no starting problems when the car is at normal op temp. I read some where on here to change the cam position sensor but I dont want to be changing parts that I dont need to. Nothing showing up on the ECU or no engine lights....any ideas please.

Egr valve sticking ? If you know where it is I'd give it a clean with erg cleaner.