Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Windows 10

dezwez

any one got the windows 10 and what do you think of it

I think there was a thread on this somewhere already btw...

Yes, I've got it, really happy with it - no complaints so far tbh.

don't seem to be getting any emails from this site with mine

have to keep checking all the time

Free upgrade from windows 7 and it looks good.

Been on Windows 10 since the first beta release, I still like Windows 7 but W10 is much more enjoyable for me now as I've gotten used to it, only hiccup I've had was for my Corsair wireless headset not working and causing all my graphics and sound drivers to un-install and not work, but has since been fixed from a Microsoft patch,

However not everyone shares my experience so just wait about 3 months to 6 months for all the kinks to be sorted out.

If you have a HP and Virgin Internet, wait. Both HP machines here drop the WiFi more than Michael J Fox drops the dishes.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Still waiting for the upgrade,just waitingfor them to email me or something.

i find it rubbish

I dove in early and had some problems. Needed to do a bios flash amongst other things, but I have a big issue with it going to sleep. If it goes to sleep, it doesnt bleedin wake up! I had to hold the power button to kill it and start afresh, not good whilst I left it working and I didnt know where it was! thankfully the app choices I have meant I could recover from where I was quite easily.

After the bios update to address this issue, it occassionally goes to sleep fully awake (i.e. all lights are flashing, the hard drive is doing its doo dad's, screen is off). Though when I turn it off and on again, it awakens as if I just woke it from sleep.

Also, driver bundles are limited, so even though I did a clean install of Windows 10, I still have tried all the Asus drivers, and there are still devices which are driverless.

Overall, it still works though, I like most of it (PIN Startup, windows management) but the one thing that piddles me off, is the united "search PC and Web" bar. Microsoft, I hate you and I hope your goldfish drown a long, slow, painful drowning! seriously, give me the option, I prefer the way the windows 7/8 search bar worked. Searching PC only. If I want to search the web, I open my xxx browser :p (clearly xxx represents web lol)

You can set it not to search online.

Just hit the search button/bar go to settings and turn off online results.

• Like 1

Can't install QuickTime on it which screws with my GoPro editing software

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club