Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry

midnight26

Hi everyone just wanted all your opinions on the keyless entry (convenience pack) is it worth the money good bad etc. Just I'm building my fiesta and can't decide if this feature is worth having or not?

Thanks 😃

I just press the button on my fob and it opens, to me that's keyless entry ha.

Prior to getting my focus I've never had keyless entry/start.

There are numerous posts about theft of keyless entry/start cars so maybe you should have a read of those.

Personal I really like the system, I have a bog standard titanium nav 1.6 diesel so not sure how far up the list my car is to theives but if I had a ST/sportier version I would probably be more worried.

Why don't you pop to local sealers and try car with & car without?

Keyless entry isn't the issue with the car thefts it's the keyless start.

As above try it at a dealers if you can, I like it I don't have to take my keys out of my pocket or even put put my hand in my pocket , just grab the handle and push the button..

What car are you speccing?

• Like 1

I kind of wish I got it on mine now. Got keyless start so it would be nice to not have to get my keys out to unlock. But really.. its not that much of a problem.

Edit: I realise my post isn't much help lol

Keyless entry isn't the issue with the car thefts it's the keyless start.

As above try it at a dealers if you can, I like it I don't have to take my keys out of my pocket or even put put my hand in my pocket , just grab the handle and push the button..

What car are you speccing?

Titanium version 125bhp

Thanks for all the replies and advice hopefully the dealership will have one I can try out, was told its currently on offer for only £100

The convenience pack was thrown in for free when I bought mine 9 months back. Is it not free now?

I kind of wish I got it on mine now. Got keyless start so it would be nice to not have to get my keys out to unlock. But really.. its not that much of a problem.

Edit: I realise my post isn't much help lol

no worries mate lol

The convenience pack was thrown in for free when I bought mine 9 months back. Is it not free now?

Nope, apparently it's £425 but it's on offer for £100 at the minute

Once you get it you'll never go back. I'm so glad to have it back.

Never had it but for £100 extra its got to be worth it

Push to get it free, just say if they chuck it in FOC, you will sign on the dotted line

• Like 1

It's an absolute joy to have, but if you have keyless start... just be sure to hide the real OBD port!

Hide the OBD port or disconnect it 1st. I though keyless was standard on titanium ? or maybe its just the X version. I had my car stolen as it was push start/keyless system .

Hide the OBD port or disconnect it 1st. I though keyless was standard on titanium ? or maybe its just the X version. I had my car stolen as it was push start/keyless system .

Well you can either just hide the ODB port, fitting a dummy in it's original place

OR

Remove the data connector fuse, from the fuse board behind the passenger glove box

;)

• Like 1

Not standard on the Titanium (yet) only the Titanium X and ST 3 get it as standard at the moment.

As mentioned above, hide the connector and remove the fuse.

• Like 1

Not standard on the Titanium (yet) only the Titanium X and ST 3 get it as standard at the moment.

As mentioned above, hide the connector and remove the fuse.

I know this may sound stupid , but why do you need to hide the connector and remove the fuse?

I know this may sound stupid , but why do you need to hide the connector and remove the fuse?

Because there are cases where someone has gained access to the port, started the car and pilfered it.

I had no knowledge of this when I bought my Titanium in Feb this year. But I soon learned about these things, and took action with the help and advise from other members on this forum.

Be careful though if you do go keyless:

Labaton Sucharow Lawfirm out of New York and Hagens Bermen law firm out of California has filed a class-action lawsuit against 10 major auto manufacturers.

The purpose of the lawsuit it to obtain a court order requiring Mercedes-Benz , Kia , Honda , Nissan , Hyundai , Bentley , Volkswagen , BMW , Toyota and Ford to install an auto-shutdown feature on models that have a keyless ignition system.

According to Martis Alex – the head attorney at Labaton Sucharow — cars that don’t have an automatic shutdown feature pose a risk of carbon-monoxide poisoning if a forgetful driver leaves the vehicle running in a garage.

Apparently, according to some sources, there has been a total of 13 deaths related to carbon-monoxide poisoning from vehicles with keyless ignition systems.

Because there are cases where someone has gained access to the port, started the car and pilfered it.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club