Do Not Sell My Personal Information

about to buy a fiesta

Sacriel

Hi peeps,

I just got my drivers licence and im itching to get a fiesta, ive got about 12k (max) to spend on one, im overly fussed about the performance id rather it look sexy (which they all seem to) and have some cool gadgets

i was looking for some advice really, every-single-person ive spoke to says i shouldnt buy a new car because of the depreciation and a 6k golf would outperform the fiesta etc, but my heart is set on the fieta

as im more into gadgets and looks from what ive read i should be looking at a titanium 1.4 or 1.6 diesel, what kind of pricetag am i looking at? with the current climate am i likely to get a good deal? shave a grand off or get some goodies for free?

after as much advice as i can get my hands on

thanks,

Chris

Try going on line with something like buyacar.co.uk and spec up what you would like and see how it goes. TBH I would imagine that a TDCI Titanium is going to be stretching your budget a bit althought you might find one on Autotrader.co.uk that would tick all or most of hte boxes for you.

BTW - My dealer did say that if you do slightly lower than average mileage (less than 10,000 miles per year) then you might as well get the petrol engined one is cheaper to run overall

Also try

http://www.dealdrivers.co.uk

it'll give you an idea

also from there web site

Leadtimes are currently approx 12 weeks for 5drs, 14 weeks for 3drs

I second UK Chris on dealdrivers.

Ordered my 5 door 1.6tdci zetec on 28th June and picking it up Thursday.

All in all car was nearly £15,000 retail and am paying just over £10,000 (although i'm using the scrappage deal and ford privelage which combined is £2,750 off). Whatever you do, don't use a*******.com (forced to edit post, although factually true). They are cowboy merchants and you will have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund. I didn't end up getting the full amount even though I was entitled. BEWARE. and good luck. You're making a good choice ;-)

Bashy, you off to the middlands too.

when you pick it up ask if we can get nector points lol

Make sure you factor in insurance into your budget. I had to pay £1100 in the first year for my Group 3 Peugeot 106 with 0 no claims, because I hadn't been driving for that long.

The Fiesta is Ins. Group 6, so expect to pay a lot more. Plus, I was 22 when I started, if you're younger that'll push it up even more!

if you look hard enough you could prob get a 09 plate zetec s for £12k... yeah its not brand new but it will be a VERY nice car!!

we have a few 58 plates with 5k miles on, street pack and side skirts, blutooth and there £13k... so if u put some work in u should find one in budget!

if you look hard enough you could prob get a 09 plate zetec s for £12k... yeah its not brand new but it will be a VERY nice car!!

we have a few 58 plates with 5k miles on, street pack and side skirts, blutooth and there £13k... so if u put some work in u should find one in budget!

who and where are 'we'? :)

I'm considering a 09 plate fiesta, but the 2nd hand ones im seeing with <5k miles on are well over 12k for 1.4s, im in the midlands area if anyone has any places i should look for a 09 fiesta

thanks for all the great advice

I'm considering a 09 plate fiesta, but the 2nd hand ones im seeing with <5k miles on are well over 12k for 1.4s, im in the midlands area if anyone has any places i should look for a 09 fiesta

Best place for used ones is eBay - like this 1.4 Titanium:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-FORD-FIESTA-HAT...id=p3286.c0.m14

or:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-FORD-FIESTA-HAT...id=p3286.c0.m14

on your doorstep in the Midlands & under £12,000:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-FORD-FIESTA-1-4...id=p3286.c0.m14

Likewise:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-FORD-FIESTA-1-4...id=p3286.c0.m14

There are loads on eBay. Have a look. :rolleyes:

Send ROnnie a Private Message - I am sure he will give you the details of who 'we' are and maybe, as you met through here, he'll secure you a good deal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club