Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Lights Upgrade

chw1

Hi all, I have a 2007 focus and I've just got hold of some new rear lights (honey comb type) but I have been told that I need to do some rewire work as told by the seller he has on side with the wire block but not the other so what do I have to do...any help cheers chris....

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

The facelift plugs were different to the plugs on the mk2 focus,

So you need to remove the existing tail light unit and cut the loom off,

Splice the mk2 loom plug and cable on to the facelift cable allowing them to operate.

See my guide here in terms of removing the existing tail lights units and wiring loom

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43587-guide-fitting-ford-rs-led-rear-light-units-focus-mk25/

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for taking the time to ansa,will do that and have a look at your "how to do that " thread, Also do you know much about

bluetooth as I am trying to upgrade my car to it but I am having some trouble doing ...Have got new stereo ( Sony Gen 2) the one with the green and red buttons, but still no bluetooth if you can get back to me (if you can help or point me in the right way ) would be very helpful ....cheers chris....

Hi all, Right have just tryed to fit my new rear lights(honeycomb) not L E D 'S, on to my 07 plate mk2 and there is no grey plug just the wiring loom that go's down what seem's like the back seats no grey plug to just plug my new lights in has anyone come across this before (or is it just my car that seems to be all wrong) can any one suggest any thing that I can do ...cheers Chris

I done mine on my old 2006 St and from what I remember u need to cut off the small plug on the new lights and wire them to the plug on the old lights.

The fitting guide is for the facelift focus looking at the picture ur can see the different boot lid, I think I found a wiring guide from the focus St owners club site when I sorted mine.

cheers all will take about an hour to do but will have new lights fitted tomorrow......cheers chris

Don't forget to post a pic of it afterwards!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club