Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 1.8lx Rattling Noise When Warm

MrSutcliffe

Hello!!

Long term stalker, first time poster..

I have a Mondeo 1.8 which is a 2004..

Basically when the engine is warm, it makes a rattling noise which upon investigation seems to be coming from around the top left of the engine, near the Alternator..

I've only had the car a few days, and the garage is currently investigating, their first port of call was to check the alternator.. belts and pulleys, which are all fine..

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Desperate to get my new (to me) car back..

Thanks

Hi welcome to the forums... Not sure what the issue is but I do hope it is resolved quickly and without a wallet raping.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

Friend seems to think it could be the swirl flaps.... either that or the cam chain...

Friend seems to think it could be the swirl flaps.... either that or the cam chain...

Could be either, would have thought swirl flaps rattle at any temp, and there at front of engine in inlet manifold, not near alternator

As you mention swirl flaps, presumably it is a petrol and not a diesel?

Hydraulic tappets would be a possibility, if that engine has them. It might be worth trying (carefully) the 'screwdriver stethoscope' to see if you can locate the noise more exactly.

Hello

Yes its a petrol 1.8

The noise only comes when the engine is warm.. and when you rev a little.. otherwise sounds fine and starts lovely !