Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vs Astra

pete_m1

Hi all,

I know that people maybe biased, but i'm looking at these two cars and was just wondering which people thought was better and why?

http://www.tnscars.com/used-FORD-FOCUS-North-Shields-Tyne-&-Wear-677494

or

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/VehicleDetails/used-car-vauxhall-astra--manual-petrol-silver-hatchback-FN57UYC/

The Focus is roomier, handles better, generally comfier and isn't a Vauxhall.

Last Astra I drove injured me. The trim around the centre console cut my leg. Shows how cramped & poorly designed it was.

You'll find very little vauxhall support round here...there is even a well subscribed thread created out of dislike for vauxhall...

...however, I'm less to believe there is a cost gap between ford and vauxhall... So for less money for the vauxhall you get a lower quality.... But, you do get a set of wheels.. For less money you can get a higher spec vauxhall... But with it comes lower reliability and quality standards... But of course every car has its problems..you might get lucky....

.. Or you might just crash into James... :lol:

Focus is better because Ford

Astra worse because Vauxhall

Simples

Now excuse me while I go grab some mouthwash...

• Like 1

Give me a choice between an Astra and a bus, I'd take the bus. Hell I'd even cuddle up to the fat !Removed! who reeks of sweat and pee, who spits rabies when he talks.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

You'll find very little vauxhall support round here...there is even a well subscribed thread created out of dislike for vauxhall...

...however, I'm less to believe there is a cost gap between ford and vauxhall... So for less money for the vauxhall you get a lower quality.... But, you do get a set of wheels.. For less money you can get a higher spec vauxhall... But with it comes lower reliability and quality standards... But of course every car has its problems..you might get lucky....

.. Or you might just crash into James... :lol:

The death penalty will be instated. That is a promise!

Dont buy Vauxhall, for the love of god just dont do it. Honestly, they are value cars with value parts. My old manager had his gear knob fell off in his hand, my uncle had his wingmirror fall off because it wanted to and my mum had over a grands worth of work plotted for hers. Seriously, just save yourself the hassle. I have met so few people who live and swear by vauxhalls that didnt follow it up with a but!

Vauxhall/GM were a good brand, once. They had some iconic cars, famed for the styling, (Opel Manta and other droop snoots) the Chevette was a great rally car, the MK2 Cavalier was a worthy competitor to the rep market, the Nova was much loved by the older generation and then the chavs.

Then the Vectra happened. Everything after the Vectra was just beyond cheap, badly made and disposable. Bland and yawn-worthy. Even Kia owners look down on the Vauxhall owners, and quite rightly so.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 2

Hi all,

I know that people maybe biased, but i'm looking at these two cars and was just wondering which people thought was better and why?

http://www.tnscars.com/used-FORD-FOCUS-North-Shields-Tyne-&-Wear-677494

or

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/VehicleDetails/used-car-vauxhall-astra--manual-petrol-silver-hatchback-FN57UYC/

Hello Pete,

Firstly don't by anything from Evans!

Secondly especially don't by anything from Evans in Cramlington!

This is my first Ford & I love it, it's in a different league compared to any vauxhall.

Is there a reason for that focus?

Taylors are ok but if there's more money in the pot I'd try Jennings ford in South Shields (just other side of tyne tunnel).

Unusual comparison - a 1 grand Ford against a 3 grand Vauxhall??

Hi,, i have a 2012 Focus and my mate at work as a 2012 Astra, simelar engine and spec etc,,, he drove my car for half a day while his was in for a service as he had to get to a job,,, he loved his car and was always banging on about how good it was,,, comfy and quick with a lot of goodies,, how good it was on fuel, the looks and how well its built etc.

He now hates his car.

• Like 1

Speaks volumes!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Unusual comparison - a 1 grand Ford against a 3 grand Vauxhall??

I ended up buying the Ford in the end. I get to pick it up in the next couple of days. It was so nice to drive.

I looked at the link again and they have changed the Focus that was up. The car I have purchased was not a grand, it was three grand.

So I have officially joined the ford club for the time, although I will miss my old car!

• Like 1

Hi,, i have a 2012 Focus and my mate at work as a 2012 Astra, simelar engine and spec etc,,, he drove my car for half a day while his was in for a service as he had to get to a job,,, he loved his car and was always banging on about how good it was,,, comfy and quick with a lot of goodies,, how good it was on fuel, the looks and how well its built etc.

He now hates his car.

BUT, had he not driven the ford he'd have nothing to compare it to, and therefore would still be happy with his 'reasonably priced car'....

I'm not defending Vauxhalls, it just depends on how ones budget works...

You can buy a newer vauxhall with warranty for a lot less than a ford with warranty....and I guess if you flog it before warranty runs out, or as it runs out then you can sort yourself out with a ford...

Also depends on driving style. If you're not one that really cares about cornering because you drive very conservatively and don't demand much from a car, then, again you might find a vauxhall is the way forward....

....and if you do demand a lot but also like to end up upside down, then a Corsa is the car for you.

...but just read you've bought the ford, so it's all a moot point!

;) Good decision!

• Like 1

Picked it up today, so nice to drive. Any threads or recommendations on blue tooth CD players?

Few dotted around, a lot of people are fans of the oval faced ones on eBay... It's a mixed bag but seems to be a bunch... I've stuck with my.oval faced 6000cd but I put an aux cable in... It doesn't give the freedom of bluetooth, also steering controls only control volume on aux setting, but you can still play music through the system....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club