Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Speed Steering Vibrations

chrisjbooth

Hello

As the title says I get vibrations through the steering wheel at 60mph +. No issues at low speeds or braking.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Wheel imbalance especially with alloys pot holes can cause small buckles making it vibrate like mad at high speed in most cases getting them balanced will help if not you'll have to have the rears checked if they ate better swap them to the front

Correct pressures, not matching tyres tho.

The car has steel wheels on it, not alloys.

I'll have to look at getting the wheels balanced up and see if that makes a difference.

Non matching tyres can cause problems beyond what you would imagine.

Non matching tyres on a common axle will cause handling irregularities, however you can have different ones front & back in matching pairs.

I would get the tyres checked for bulges/splits/wear pattern to eliminate variables that can cause problems.

• Like 1

To me..mismatched tyres tells whoever put them there....not nescceseraly the present owner, is probably not too clued up about tyres or their impact where handling dynamics are concerned.... Your motor only has handprint size contact with the road at all times..a little patch at each corner isn't much...different tyres on the same axle is sort of inviting comedy car handling..full matching set and you really can't go to far wrong..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club