Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Managment Warning

jarvid

I have a 2.0 Tddi and on two separate times apart by two weeks this warning light has come on, on long trips when I park up, lock the car up and return start up everything is ok.

Is it water or is it the oil temp or any other ideas???

I have the same thing. Very intermittent. 3 month gaps between mine. I managed to get into the computer on the screen to find some code, if you press and hold the ok button for a few secs then turn the ignition on while holding the button the car will do a gauge sweep and you can find the dtc fault codes in the list by pressing the ok button to flick through the tests.

Thanks Nadia,

I did that it came up with two codes, any ides how i find out what the codes mean ???

DTC 01--- C40168

DCT 02--- C41668

Thanks again

Ahhhh no way! They're 2 of the codes I have on mine! I also have c42268 on my list. I suspect they're only sensor issues. They're not major fault codes though. And if you plug it into a normal diagnostic computer it won't list any faults. The only way we can find it out is to take it to Ford as they're not ecu faults, they're bcu faults which only Ford can translate - but I'm sure it comes with a hefty price tag. If it does the malfunction light again, keep the engine running and get the aa out as they can get the codes when they plug it in with the light on. That's my plan! Unless someone answers my post on here!

Thanks anyway, did`nt know i could get the codes myself.

it was clever to watch it go through the checks and things.

Yeah definitely was. The led test looks like the starship enterprise! Haha

Hi Nadia,

have news for you c codes relate to chassis

code 1 c40168 - indicates no information being received from a control unit.

code 2 c41668 - indicates missing ABS information.ie- wheel sensor, wheel ring or control unit.

have also been told to try my cruse control as in could be faulty.

nothing major unless abs light comes on and stays on.

Oh that's good news! How did you find it out? I reckon my 3rd code is the cruise control as when the light came on the cruise control was on, but the speed dropped. I could still accelerate myself fine though.

• Like 1

Brill.... At least I know where to get my mechanic to look! Gonna wait until it's service in about a month. Thanks for your help!

• 3 years later...

What was the fix please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club