Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Collection

Gezzs

I'm collecting my new car tomorrow (woohoo). Not bought brand-new before so have been googling for suggested checks. I was expecting to look for the obvious things - dents, scratches, uniform door gaps, etc. Some of the pages I've seen suggest test drives, checking every switch, lever, light, etc. Is this really necessary as surely the warranty would cover anything not working correctly?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen one or two issues concerning the paint and blemishes but apart from giving it a good eye over before accepting the keys.. You lucky so and so...haha...hope you enjoy the new ford.. have you still got your signature black mondy..or is that now a part ex?

• Like 1

Cheers mate. Black ST is going in PX. It's fair to say it's been a love/hate three years I've owned it. Let's just say the garage that's fixed it jokes about it having its own parking space! :O Really excited about the new car - hence wanting some advice (so the Wife can check) as I'll be too excited hahaha

The new car warranty will be comprehensive but things like seals are only covered for the first 12 months which i think is disgusting. I found that out when i took my Focus in with a leaking boot and it wasnt covered!

What have you bought?

• Like 1

The new car warranty will be comprehensive but things like seals are only covered for the first 12 months which i think is disgusting. I found that out when i took my Focus in with a leaking boot and it wasnt covered!

What have you bought?

For cars registered after 01/09/14 the base warranty is 3 years, previously it was 1 year.

Main thing to check is condition of bodywork as once you sign up and drive off its hard to say it was there beforehand.

Check the weather beforehand and ask for it to be inside/under cover when you inspect.

Check the tyre pressures are ok as soon as possible my rears were 15psi over, also make sure the reg number is correct Sen a few post where 2 letters were the wrong way round, easily done during this busy period.

I'm sure it'll be fine but don't sign until you're completely happy with the condition and know how features work etc.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for the advice :)

@Wes (pasted from my signature) Mondeo Titanium, Deep Impact Blue, 2.0ltr Petrol Auto (240ps)

Options: 19" alloys, X-Pack (Adaptive LED lights, Leather heated memory seats, rear privacy glass), Reverse Camera, Park Assist, Sony DAB/NAV

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the advice :)

@Wes (pasted from my signature) Mondeo Titanium, Deep Impact Blue, 2.0ltr Petrol Auto (240ps)

Options: 19" Alloys, X-Pack (Adaptive LED lights, Leather heated memory seats, rear privacy glass), Reverse Camera, Park Assist, Sony DAB/NAV

Very nice!:)

• Like 1

For cars registered after 01/09/14 the base warranty is 3 years, previously it was 1 year.

Thats better, i thought the 12 months was awful when spending so much money on a new car!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club