Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Handbrake Adjustment

SeeJay

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice re adjusting the handbrake. Recently purchased a MK1 1.4LX (2003),as a daily driver & runabout,and whilst the car is in very good condition generally,and has been well looked after,there are a couple of little things I want to sort out,and one is the handbrake travel.

When I pulled the lever gaiter up,I expected to find an adjusting nut on the threaded end of the cable - my Vectra used to have this setup,as does my RX-8 - but instead there's just some kind of metal clip,as in the pic..can someone kindly fill me in on what to do with this,or is it a bodge by a previous owner?

post-68346-0-17673800-1441028791_thumb.j

On mine there is locknut and a adjusting nut.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi welcome :)

done from below the car I think

This looks like some sort of bodge to me, Should have a nut or 2 on there for adjustment.

Bear in mind you will need to check the drum brakes for condition and wear before adjusting that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club