Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TITANIUM STEVE LOOK HERE

Ronnie Roberts

Trying to install a sub on a mk7 titanium 3 door with bluetooth and usb... app your then man whos done it already so some advice would be much appreciated :)

upgraded all my Speakers with the pioneer kit but still not happy... sounds gr8 just needs some kick when it comes to bass.... sub im looking at is either ts-wx11a or ts-wx77a

both come with wiring for fitting into speaker lines just wondering how easy it is to do?

what did you install and how many problems did you come across? did u upgrade all ur Speakers?

No, I didn't upgrade Speakers, just fitted a active sub box, 10". Can't remember make now without going outside to look.

I didn't really incur any real problems but I done it before. I assume you have looked at my guide. You will def need a RCA converter as there is no pre-amp outs on the head unit. Running the cables was not to hard but I could not find an easy way to get power through the bulk head so I removed the inner wheel arch linning went into the near side wing and fed the power cable through where the hinge off the door is. Negartive needs to be taken from the rear less than 1 metre from the amp. When you hook uo the remote cable make sure you wire it to an ignition live so that amp is not permantly on. All cables can be run underneath the sill plates, however the RCA cables should be run away from the power cables.

You may already know those tips, as I said did not have any real probs. If you look at my guide taking the head unit out is fairly easy just becareful not to break the panel below unit n above aircon. To remove this you should put very thin screwdriver along top edge towards the out sides n gentle lever out, do not pull from bottom or from centre top or more likley to break.

Anyway no order to what I wrote above if you careful there is no real probs.

Was just thinking. You could hook up RCA converters to the rear Speakers, I just fitted them straight to the speaker cables in the head unit as you have to hook up the remote cable to the unit so as you have head unit out already it saves you taking out rear Speakers if you put the RCA converters cables into the speaker cables going into the head unit.

cheers m8, would get service department to fit the wiring as i work at ford... just getting the stuff and an idea of what im facing before i spend money on a sub... the ones im lookin at are baby ones that sit under seat... its a 6x9 150w sub... not mega blow ur head off bass just want a bit of a punch with the sound system! gone are my days of 2 12" 1000w subs! done alot of sound installs but always used rca's!!

not possible to run the power from the 12v in the centre console? mind you ur 10" sub will pull alot more than what im looking at

have you got a link to ur guide?

You can not pull power from the head unit has the cable is no where near thick enough, you will blow fuses or may be cause fire. The cable for the power needs to be 10gauge thick.

I agree that sub sounds like it will be nice for under seat. Mine is not blow ur mind bass as I not have it turned up high just give a little kick to the bass. However at the moment mine is not in the boot as I needed the space for a camping trip I went on, so your underseat one sound good idea.

Link to my guide.

Linky Link Link

As you are working at Ford you could help many people on this forum by answering some questions which are running around for some time. Like how I know Ford is using diagnostic system which needs Internet connection with Ford central in order to change some things in car MCU firmware or to change firmware. Which means just Ford official dealers can make changes and upgrades in the car software - firmware. Every change in car on that way will be recorded in to Ford main database, Ford will keep a track of everything. That's bad for us car owner as Ford dealers can set any prices for car upgrade, and we can not go anywhere else!!!

Big question is can simple diagnostic can be done by car universal diagnostic system like in the past ?!?

Question's for you

1. can USB be fitted into head unit version with just bluetooth?

2. can we have new firmware for head unit in order to fix MP3 skipping?

3. can front - back Speakers "fader" option can be enabled in cars which have by default just 4 front Speakers? and how? This should be possible because all hardware is in place, amp for rear Speakers is there, just option "fader" in menu is missing.

4. can you tell me fitting adapters finish code for rear speakers?

And I would like to ask you again, can you please take picture's of your original font and rear speakers, I would like to see them from front and back, thanks!

Thank you for your time!

there in the boot of my mk7 which the mrs has atm i will get you some pictures tho...

the problems isnt just firmware.. the whole display and everything is different with the 6 speaker setup... as far as i know bluetooth and usb is just a module that clips in the back so probably could be retro fitted... but there is then the issue of the voice control setup...

the cd players ONLY skip if there are to many songs on the cd... if you keep them below 100 tracks you should find they dont skip! pain in the !Removed! i know!

as for the fader it probably just needs enabled in the firmware im sure your service department would do it for you if u asked nicley, alot of the fiesta came with the rear Speakers disabled and needed to be enabled

as for the fader it probably just needs enabled in the firmware im sure your service department would do it for you if u asked nicley, alot of the fiesta came with the rear speakers disabled and needed to be enabled

I asked nicely of course and I want to dealer shop where I bought car. Their service department try to enable that option without any success. After 1h of trying they gave up with excuse that they don't know how to do that and they will try to get answers from ford. After one week of waiting I got answer that enabling "fader" option will cost me around 1000eur because some electronic part needs to be changed!!!

Of course I did not believe in 1000eur story and I dont know why they made that up?!?!

Just make something straight, rear Speakers are working but I can not change sound volume font - rear which is done via fader option!

Can you please check exactly what needs to be done?

And also can you tell how much that will cost in UK?

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club