Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Focus Zetec S 180 V's Fiesta St 180

WES180

Hi all. Just wondering if the 2 cars have the same engine? I know the air filter box is different but is anything else? I thought they were the same engine but you see loads of mods listed for the Fiesta ST but not much for the Focus. Hopefully someone will be able to answer.:)

I thought some of our resident experts could've answered this one!

There must be a difference somewhere as looking at Bluefin remaps the Focus only increases to 200bhp and the Fiesta jumps up to 217bhp?

Extensive research seems to suggest it's the same engine in both cars, however the Fiesta develops a little more base bhp / ps / kw which is reflected in the slightly higher Superchipped engine output

This is what im trying to get to the bottom of, to develop more power then something must be different but i cant find out what. I was hoping one of our resident Ford Technicians might have the answer.

Ive read about the Fiesta having an overboost for a limited number of seconds which gives in the region of 200bhp although again ive not found out if my car has that too.

185 ps / 182 bhp / 136kw = Fiesta

180 ps / 178 bhp / 132kw = Focus ( to 2010 )

185ps / 182 bhp / 136kw = Focus ( 2011 on )

Edited by MONDEO TXS 2.2

Apparently my 2012 is 182ps according to Etis which will equate to the 180bhp.

Most , if not all , modern turbo'd cars have a time limited overboost function

Fraud only seem to list 185 & 180 ps ecoboost engines

It says this on etis, not sure what the 160 is though.

Focus 2011-, 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma

Your cars engine should develop an extra 30nm on time limited overboost according to Frauds figures Wes

Interesting. I wonder if the remaps are just permanently engaging that feature then.

There must be a typo somewhere because the Fiesta ST is 185ps / 182bhp / 136kw

I very much doubt any remap will permanently engage overboost - it's time limited to avoid turbo / engine damage

The fiesta ST already produces 200PS on overboost. With a map that typically ups to 200 Base and 215 on overboost.

The Focus 1.6 ups to around 200 Base on a map so I think it might just be semantics and who is including overboost in figures.

There must be a typo somewhere because the Fiesta ST is 185ps / 182bhp / 136kw

This is the Fiesta on etis, same information as mine?

Fiesta 2012-, 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma

I think what Alex says explains the '' missing '' 15 / 17 ps Wes

Not sure what the 160 means - Fraud did make a 160ps ecoboost but it wasn't fitted to the Focus as far as I can tell

Your engine must be the 185ps / 182bhp / 136kw version ( I think ) :) Wes - identical to the Fiesta ST

I think what Alex says explains the '' missing '' 15 / 17 ps Wes

Im not sure it does mate as i cant see Superchips listing the results differently as it would be underselling the Focus remap.

I agree the figures shown are confusing at best as 182ps is 180 bhp & not 179bhp :wacko:

The other thing that confuses me is why are there so many engine mods available for the Fiesta but not the Focus if they are the same engine?:huh:

Superchips didn't include overboost figures for my TXS remap either - so I'm sure you're right there

I think the answer is that the Fiesta ST modding scene is seen as more lucrative ? The ST '' brand '' being the attraction

Edited by MONDEO TXS 2.2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club