Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Cancel An Order Of A Fiesta

midnight26

I've put a deposit down on a fiesta, but I am now looking to cancel the order as I now don't want the car and wanted to know if I'm entitled to my deposit back?

If you signed for it read the agreement, was it a new or second hand car?

• Like 1

If you signed for it read the agreement, was it a new or second hand car?

Yea I'm gonna check the agreement now, it was a new one

No disrespect, but surely this is a conversation you should be having with the dealership

• Like 2

the dealership will only say no the bloke is just trying to get some advice before he goes in all guns blazing

the dealership will only say no the bloke is just trying to get some advice before he goes in all guns blazing

Why would you think he needs to go in all guns blazing, he hasn't implied Ford have acted negative against him

• Like 2

I'm using it as an expression mate

I think that unless the agreement says otherwise, you'll probably have to forfeit the deposit. I think that by definition, the deposit is there as a promise that you will have the goods from the supplier, and if you are to change your mind the deposit will cover the costs the supplier has undertaken to get you the product you no longer want.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 2

I think that unless the agreement says otherwise, you'll probably have to forfeit the deposit. I think that by definition, the deposit is there as a promise that you will have the goods from the supplier, and if you are to change your mind the deposit will cover the costs the supplier has undertaken to get you the product you no longer want.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

I agree with that, unless Ford have tried to shaft him and then he might have a case

I'm using it as an expression mate

Great expression, lol

Great expression, lol

i shall amend what i said "before he storms in demanding his deposit back"

• Like 1

Haha dude chill, you don't have to amend it, lol

• Like 2

Yes as someone else has said, most like you can cancel the purchase, but you will lose the deposit (that's what I was given anyway, if I chose to do so)

• Like 2

It should be shown in the agreement paperwork whether the deposit is refundable or not.

I am more inclined to say it's non refundable unless Ford breach the contract themselves.

• Like 1

When I ordered a 2nd hand fiesta a couple of weeks ago the deposit was just to secure the car rather than a deposit. If it turned out the car was a dud then I could have got my deposit back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club