Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Power Mods?

Juicehead99

Got a mk6 fiesta 1.4 zetec.

What's cheapest mods I can do to give little 1.4 a bit of a boost?

I'm a mechanic so labour wise like fitting cams and things don't cost me so please remember that when advising your mods as an what may be expensive for you to pay to have fitted won't be for me (part price excluded obviously)

Currently has straight through, is lowered and has phat big spoiler, but power wise don't help me so im after engine mods I think

1.4 NA engine is pretty weak. I own one myself.

Buy either a bigger engine or a new car.

If you're really bothered about power for the 1.4 look at some piper Cams & valves.

Straight through exhaust including manifold back to the rear of the car? If not, get a performance manifold.

If you've got a brain and know how to CORRECTLY choose and fit an induction kit without causing heatsoak then do that too

Other than that you're wasting your money really.. although I'd say any money spent on the 1.4 NA excluding services is a waste

The spoiler doesn't do too much as it's a front wheel drive car. The lowering springs will help

• Like 1

1.4 NA engine is pretty weak. I own one myself.

Buy either a bigger engine or a new car.

If you're really bothered about power for the 1.4 look at some piper Cams & valves.

Straight through exhaust including manifold back to the rear of the car? If not, get a performance manifold.

If you've got a brain and know how to CORRECTLY choose and fit an induction kit without causing heatsoak then do that too

Other than that you're wasting your money really.. although I'd say any money spent on the 1.4 NA excluding services is a waste

The spoiler doesn't do too much as it's a front wheel drive car. The lowering springs will help

Thankyou mate, think it may have induction kit on it.

If it ain't straight through can I knock cat out or would that be to noisy?

Also what would a turbo be like bolted to this engine?

PAIN AND GAIN

Thankyou mate, think it may have induction kit on it.

If it ain't straight through can I knock cat out or would that be to noisy?

Also what would a turbo be like bolted to this engine?

PAIN AND GAIN

You could remove the cat if you really wanted.. although thw gains would be minute. The engine itself is built to be "economical" hence it intentionally lacks power to hit imission targets.

A turbo would require a custom manifold, and would probably cost more than the cars worth once finished. The internals of the engine are not designed for boost which will lead to more and more components needing to be updated

Your best bet is an engine conversion or a new car

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You could remove the cat if you really wanted.. although thw gains would be minute. The engine itself is built to be "economical" hence it intentionally lacks power to hit imission targets.

A turbo would require a custom manifold, and would probably cost more than the cars worth once finished. The internals of the engine are not designed for boost which will lead to more and more components needing to be updated

Your best bet is an engine conversion or a new car

Thanks, ye doing what I do though I've seen many turbo'd cars with standard internals (but they where at lowest a 1.6) and are super quick. The manifold I could make and weld.

But not worth decat then.

What about chip or remap?

If you remap the 1.4 from standard with a bluefin, you gain 6bhp & a little torque.

If you took the car to a rolling road to have a custom map it'd be at least £250 and the gains would in still be negible

Honestly once you've declared the mods to your insurance, you may as well have bought bigger car

• Like 1

If you remap the 1.4 from standard with a bluefin, you gain 6bhp & a little torque.

If you took the car to a rolling road to have a custom map it'd be at least £250 and the gains would in still be negible

Honestly once you've declared the mods to your insurance, you may as well have bought bigger car

OK mate understood, so may aswell just leave it as it is lol my mate does remapping and has rolling road so may ask just out of curiosity as will get it cheap.

But I understand that not much is worth doing power wise to the 1.4 then

PAIN AND GAIN

OK mate understood, so may aswell just leave it as it is lol my mate does remapping and has rolling road so may ask just out of curiosity as will get it cheap.

But I understand that not much is worth doing power wise to the 1.4 then

PAIN AND GAIN

As annoying as it is, its just an engine best left standard.

I've had two cars with the same engine since October last year, and I've researched no end of options and its just not financially viable for such a small gain!

As annoying as it is, its just an engine best left standard.

I've had two cars with the same engine since October last year, and I've researched no end of options and its just not financially viable for such a small gain!

Lol fair play. Just out of curiosity what does a super chip cost about?

PAIN AND GAIN

Is this an engine tuning place?

Can I buy chip or should my tuning guy mate be better of supplying it for me?

Once I have it will car need to be mapped with chip on? Or is it plug in and play?

PAIN AND GAIN

Superchips make the bluefin.

Plug in, download your stock map ,upload your modified map and you're done. Then if you ever need to revert to standard, plug back in, remove the modified map and upload your standard map :)

You don't need to drive it with it plugged in or anything like that.

Superchips make the bluefin.

Plug in, download your stock map ,upload your modified map and you're done. Then if you ever need to revert to standard, plug back in, remove the modified map and upload your standard map :)

You don't need to drive it with it plugged in or anything like that.

So I can do this or dyno lad needs it?

How much is it for my engine? I could see it was around 6hp boost but is the price worth that?

PAIN AND GAIN

You can do it from the comfort of your own home (or if your living room isn't big enough for the car) your driveway :)

6bhp is less than a 10% increase so probably wouldn't be noticeable. But it's what superchips have found to be a safe, reliable increase

You can do it from the comfort of your own home (or if your living room isn't big enough for the car) your driveway :)

6bhp is less than a 10% increase so probably wouldn't be noticeable. But it's what superchips have found to be a safe, reliable increase

Any idea on price? I can't see one

PAIN AND GAIN

£229?? I thought that was something else cos below that where bmw and focus things

PAIN AND GAIN

Nope. Also, the fiesta mk6 seems to be a dealer installation only meaning you have to go to superchips for them to install it

Hi,

If you find you have any issues with insurance at all with modifications please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too please to assist.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club