Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gem Location

p_sandalz

Not sure why I can't find this here...

Can someone please tell me where the GEM module is on a 2001 zetec-s? Is it hard to get at, or hard to remove? Could this part be at fault for causing my hazards to flash all the time? Having (kind of) eliminated the flasher unit and all fuses from the equation, this is the only other thing I can think of that might have power over the indicators. It does after all flash all the indicators when double locking the car.

Gem module is the actual fuse box it contains all the fuses relays etc that control the car

There's no separate module that controls things such as central locking? That seems unlikely - the list of relays on the back of the fuse board is very short.

Well if it seems unlikely then you obviously know better than me ☺

The GEM module (unless I'm calling it the wrong thing) has a part number YS6T-14K150-CC and is a black box with cables going to it. I just don't know exactly what the damn thing controls or where it is. I'm amazed I can't find it on Google - seems such a simple question :(

Which my bad is also the gem module sorry I missed your car's a fiesta

It's located behind the fuse box I think. Unclip the fuse box and gently lower it out the way. You should see it

OK thanks chaps - I shall pull it and see if it's responsible for all these strange goings-on.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it was! The GEM module was responsible for the hazards permanently flashing. I replaced it with a new one and nothing worked at all. I put the old one back in and everything worked fine. Very puzzling, but whatever the details it's obviously down to this module. Thanks again, everyone who responded.

• 4 years later...
On 9/12/2015 at 12:23 PM, p_sandalz said:

Yes it was! The GEM module was responsible for the hazards permanently flashing. I replaced it with a new one and nothing worked at all. I put the old one back in and everything worked fine. Very puzzling, but whatever the details it's obviously down to this module. Thanks again, everyone who responded.

What fuse box was it behind? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club