Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 182 Ecoboost Zetec S 5dr

shiv.g

Hi All

I am new here, so hoping to get some feedback. I am looking to purchase the Ford Focus 1.6 182 EcoBoost Zetec S 5dr any infor on the car i have done my research but wouldn't to hear from actual owners past and present about the car.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the site!

Buy it, I love mine! Only problem ive had was a leak in the boot. This turned out to be a poor seal on the rear quarter air vent behind the rear bumper. Just check the spare wheel well for moisture. Door seals are common to come away along the bottom edge too. There is a built in diagnostics to check if any fault codes are stored. On my 2012 you press and hold the right button on the steering wheel and then press the start button without the clutch being down to enter the TEST functions. You can then scroll through the various information with the up and down buttons. If its a newer Focus you press the left button instead.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site!

Buy it, I love mine! Only problem ive had was a leak in the boot. This turned out to be a poor seal on the rear quarter air vent behind the rear bumper. Just check the spare wheel well for moisture. Door seals are common to come away along the bottom edge too. There is a built in diagnostics to check if any fault codes are stored. On my 2012 you press and hold the right button on the steering wheel and then press the start button without the clutch being down to enter the TEST functions. You can then scroll through the various information with the up and down buttons. If its a newer Focus you press the left button instead.

Thanks for the info, i am going to see it tomorrow at the ford dealer.

What kind of mpg are you getting? i would mostly do city driving

37mpg round town with little blasts at the traffic lights etc.

Put the reg number into Ford Etis and you can get all the car build info and specification including factory fitted extras.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Car got sold :-( do you know any good places to keep an eye out for this model? thanks again

I got mine private sale off Autotrader. I didnt mind going private as it still had 3 months manufacturers warranty so it saved me about £1500.

Hi shivem,

Shame about the missed purchase!.. The 182ps 1.6 Ecoboost Focus do seem to be quite rare.​

I found mine on Autotrader a few weeks ago and snapped it up as it had only done 13k miles for just over £10K which was a bargain I think. Through a Bristol Street dealer near me.

There are a few more now but I can only find about 15 on Autotrader - there are some dropping well below the £10K price mark with 45K+ miles on the clock:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/ford/focus/postcode/b139pp/radius/1500/keywords/-st/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/zero-to-60/fast/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew

I found some on other sites for around £10-12K but not many. I heard they only make a set amount per year and that they're all booked up till some future date so you may be out of luck for now if you wanted one brand new.

As I've mentioned elsewhere today, I'm getting 37mpg city, 41 on the open road.

To re-iterate WES's comment, buy it! I do not think you will not be disappointed with comfort, performance/economy or style - depending on what car you are coming from. Value wise, a 2 year old model after the initial depreciation hit, I think hits the sweet spot too.

• Like 1

I got my 12 plate with 33k on it for £9000 which i was very happy with.

Hi shivem,

Shame about the missed purchase!.. The 182ps 1.6 Ecoboost Focus do seem to be quite rare.​

I found mine on Autotrader a few weeks ago and snapped it up as it had only done 13k miles for just over £10K which was a bargain I think. Through a Bristol Street dealer near me.

There are a few more now but I can only find about 15 on Autotrader - there are some dropping well below the £10K price mark with 45K+ miles on the clock:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/ford/focus/postcode/b139pp/radius/1500/keywords/-st/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/zero-to-60/fast/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew

I found some on other sites for around £10-12K but not many. I heard they only make a set amount per year and that they're all booked up till some future date so you may be out of luck for now if you wanted one brand new.

As I've mentioned elsewhere today, I'm getting 37mpg city, 41 on the open road.

To re-iterate WES's comment, buy it! I do not think you will not be disappointed with comfort, performance/economy or style - depending on what car you are coming from. Value wise, a 2 year old model after the initial depreciation hit, I think hits the sweet spot too.

Thanks for the info, it is most useful to know that there are people out here that help with questions and opinions. Fingers cross i can find one soon, my budget for the car is 9k - 9 1/2 k thanks again

The 2015 1.5 180bhp is only available in titanium x spec :(

Or the Black and Red Edition :)

• Like 1

Wes, sounds like you got a good deal! Sounds about right though, you should save about 5-10% going private.

No worries Shiv, I can see one on Autotrader for 9K but it has gone round the earth a few times and done nearly 80K mileage:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508146052031?keywords=-st&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&sort=default&model=focus&maximum-age=up_to_3_years_old&zero-to-60=fast&make=ford&radius=1500&postcode=b139pp&page=1&logcode=p

Wow, I cant believe they are not doing the ZS in 182ps this year! I assume you can just purchase the ZS style pack still but that might end up costing more than an ST anyway...

Oh well, this all helps me and others when it comes to future resell value. :)

I am still being advertised to by websites after all my searching for my car.

This flashed up and I thought of you:

http://cars.trovit.co.uk/index.php/cod.frame/url.http%253A%252F%252Fwww.trusteddealers.co.uk%252Fused-ford%252Ffocus%252F82085672%253Freferring_site%253Dtest/id.T1Gb13eOA10/what_d.ford%20focus%201.6%20ecoboost/origin.11/section.97/section_type.2/tracking.%7B%22d%22%3A%22c%22%2C%22a%22%3A2201257340%2C%22k%22%3A27405429551%7D/pop.0/

It's a 1.6 Ecoboost 150 PS Titanium in Black, 35K miles for less than £9K. Not a top powered ZS but it's still a great car.

It's actually the same model I drove as a hire car for work about a month ago. I was so impressed by the power I went and bought my current car because of the experience!

I first noticed there was something a bit special about it compared to the crappy hire cars I normally get when I was overtaking on a motorway and without realising it looked down and realised I was doing 120mph and it felt like 80-90! :o

My 182 is perfect and even with 46k on it putting my foot down every now and again still surprises me on how it picks up.

I am still being advertised to by websites after all my searching for my car.

This flashed up and I thought of you:

http://cars.trovit.co.uk/index.php/cod.frame/url.http://www.trusteddealers.co.uk/used-ford/focus/82085672?referring_site=test/id.T1Gb13eOA10/what_d.ford focus 1.6 ecoboost/origin.11/section.97/section_type.2/tracking.{"d":"c","a":2201257340,"k":27405429551}/pop.0/

Thanks again I've seen one in

It's a 1.6 Ecoboost 150 PS Titanium in Black, 35K miles for less than £9K. Not a top powered ZS but it's still a great car.

It's actually the same model I drove as a hire car for work about a month ago. I was so impressed by the power I went and bought my current car because of the experience!

I first noticed there was something a bit special about it compared to the crappy hire cars I normally get when I was overtaking on a motorway and without realising it looked down and realised I was doing 120mph and it felt like 80-90! :o

Thanks I've seen one in Somerset might go and check out, it's on auto trader

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 12 plate with 33k on it for £9000 which i was very happy with.

Hi I bought one last weekend from chester from a main dealer, :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) .

In white, 12 plate, 28k on the clock with fSH, for £9500.

Really pleased with the car, any tips for maintenance or anything i should be aware of.. thanks

Hi I bought one last weekend from chester from a main dealer, :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) .

In white, 12 plate, 28k on the clock with fSH, for £9500.

Really pleased with the car, any tips for maintenance or anything i should be aware of.. thanks

Nice one, thats a good price for a dealer purchase! You will have to stick some pics on here.

Mine was pretty good, it just did everything! Quick enough, spacious enough and quiet enough. MPG isn't as miraculous as Ford's marketing would have some people believe though! ~40mpg for me at best.

The inner child in me wanted the Fiesta ST which was the only reason for changing.

Will be updating content on here if it helps!

Nice one, thats a good price for a dealer purchase! You will have to stick some pics on here.

Yea will do, soon just waiting for the weather to be nice..

Sweet shiv, nice deal! How you getting on now?

loving the car, cant stop smiling every time i give it some boast!!!

random question does it have automatic light?

Love mine... No problems at all with it! Only getting 31.4mpg out of it but changed the filter and exhausts so it is expected a little, one thing mine needs is tinted windows!! But that will soon be sorted 👍

• 3 years later...

Hi, i own a focus zetec s 1.6 ecoboost 182, i love the car to bits. I have noticed a horrible screech noise when i come off boost, i am positive its an boost leak somewhere, it sounds worse now i have fitted a k&n open cone filter. The noise is worse when i come off the throttle very slowly. I was thinking recirc valve? Or split hose, any help would be great, many thanks