Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Clean Car But Not 'detail' It

mills705

Im rather lazy and will wash a car happily but I simply dont have time to do the work to detail a car.

My normal method for cleaning is to

• Hose down car using hose pipe just on normal spray
  • Use a car shampoo/wax mixed with water and sponged over car to clean off muck going over a panel at a time
  • hose down pane
  • dry off using the leather thing or microfibre cloths

But with this new car I would like to try and keep it in nice shiny condition with the water beading off it if possible. So some hints and tips of products to use and best technique but something which is quick and easy

Your not as lazy as me, I take our car to the local wash where no less than 4 guys blitz the car in about 5 mins.

(I just sit inside listening to the radio)

The inside however is my domain, this gets a good hover, wipe, windows cleaned, quick spray of Fabreeze & a new magic tree air freshener.

I would love to have the time to detail the car but -

*I live on a main road with no off street parking (would get wiped out in 5mins).

*kids & wife would reduce any effort spent the interior to a tip.in seconds.

*Never seem to have the time (& little lazy) ☺

I tried some Auto Glym rapid wax today on my MG, quick and easy to use.....spray on whilst wet, wipe in with a microfiber cloth, then buff dry with a clean micro fibre cloth.

Here's a pic of the results.

DSC_0071_zpsrdiqh8be.jpg

Excuse the tip of next doors garden!

I would recommend polishing and sealing the paint properly occasionally too. :)

Well a wash is a wash really, not much you can do different there - except maybe stop using the sponge and leather which is scratching your lacquer. But what you do after that is what really matters -

Give it a decent polish and wax and you'll only have to give it a quick wash over for months after. I use Autoglym SRP followed by a couple of coats of Nattys Paste wax. Does obviously take a bit of time but lasts 3-6 months once done!

In between I just use quick detailer (spray on, buff with microfiber, whole car takes 5 mins) , windowlene and endurance tyre gel.

impressive results using rapid wax from auto glym used some what I had left I car for quick clean need to stock up again

Jamie

what polish and sealant do you use?

paul

I just wash using turtle wax platinum edition and dry then polish and wax.

I used this product the other week and was really impressed :)

It's WD40 Polish and wax, I know the person who designed it and created it so I have got my fair share of it haha!

It's an excellent product with excellent results and for the price it's definitely worth a try!

post-58026-144155847459_thumb.jpg

post-58026-14415584602_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Sam

impressive results using rapid wax from auto glym used some what I had left I car for quick clean need to stock up again

Jamie

what polish and sealant do you use?

paul

Cheers Paul, I gave Auto Glym Super resin polish & Extra gloss sealant a try yesterday......and I'm well impressed! :D

Auto Glym is on 3 for 2 at the moment in Halfords, plus my 15% off as a site supporter. :)

DSC_0079_zps9e5jk6u8.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsqg4wtw8m.jpg

DSC_0080_zps6jrrn6vo.jpg

DSC_0077_zpsjdmmuj1z.jpg

DSC_0076_zpscunzfih2.jpg

DSC_0075_zpstxo1wllp.jpg

DSC_0074_zpsf4muhgqy.jpg

• Like 1