Do Not Sell My Personal Information

best glass cleaner

kikey

hi what is the best way to clean my windscreen there is a like a oily film on it i have tried glass cleaner even viniger but still oily realy bad when driving in the dark thanks mike

hi what is the best way to clean my windscreen there is a like a oily film on it i have tried glass cleaner even viniger but still oily realy bad when driving in the dark thanks mike

i presume this is on the exterior of the windscreen? if its oily, maybe some form of degreaser. i always use Meguiars nxt generation glass cleaner, takes off road dirt without any problems, not sure if even that could help.

you could try a premix of sugar soap, use newspaper instead of a cloth to wipe of the excess and do not forget the Wiper Blades themselfs.

Boiling hot water is a very effective degeaser - adding fairy to it will also help, but don't let it get on your paint. Alternatively use Meg's degreaser.

My glass cleaner of preference is a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water, followed by good old Windowlene and polished with Autoglym glass cleaner.

Drying with newspaper has already been suggested, that's excellent, or use a waffle weave drying towel.

• 1 month later...

Some times, its just what the glass cleaner leaves befind.

After i have cleaned the glass, i would suggest using a clean & Dry microfibre cloth and go over it again. This then polish's and removes anything left over.

All the best

Nick

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club