Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Torn between options i have with rims

LeeZetecS

After finally picking up My Zetec S I have been toying with the idea of getting some really smart big alloys.

Trouble is i'm torn, i'v almost made my mind up about me wanting the stardard 5 spoke 17 inch.

With larger Rims you obviously inherit more road noise and a decrease in acceleration.

17.jpg

Examples of wheels in pictures of DanGull and xxTrickzxx

I'v just taken a quick Photo of the wheels i currently have on mine. :blink:

DSC03345.jpg

How easy do you think it would be for me to get me a set of these??

I obviously have mine to trade - perfect condition

Just pointing out, the standard 5-spoke alloys are 16-inch, not 17, so less road noise. It does mean you'd need to get new tyres if you went for the bigger wheels.

I quite like the 5-spokes. I wanted them on my titanium, but the dealer gave me a quote of £140 per wheel, to which I instantly said no :P . If you decide to get rid, PM me with how much you want. I may be interested...

Just to clear up any confusion, i'm looking to get the 5 spoke wheel in the top picture which are 17's

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/NewFiesta/ExteriorDesign

I currently have wheels which are also 5 spoke in the bottom picture, which are 16's

If ford were to sell me the wheels i want at £140 per wheel would that include rubber?? <_<

Just to clear up any confusion, i'm looking to get the 5 spoke wheel in the top picture which are 17's

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/NewFiesta/ExteriorDesign

I currently have wheels which are also 5 spoke in the bottom picture, which are 16's

If ford were to sell me the wheels i want at £140 per wheel would that include rubber?? <_<

Sorry, yes. I realise now that they are both 5 spokes, and you were referring to the new ones when saying they were 17 inch. My mistake.

I should therefore clear up that I asked the dealer for the zetec s alloys, not the 17 inchers. I don't think the price the dealer gave me included tyres, as we would likely have taken the existing 16 inch tyres and put them on the new rims. The 17 inchers will probably cost even more!

EDIT: I found these on ebay: Ebay Page

A set of 'scuffed' 17 inch alloys for £400. Might give you a rough idea of how much they may cost.

Also, I have a quote for rubber at £90 per tyre. You can get budget tyres for less, but I wouldn't risk it.

Nicely clear'd up Shark.

To me that eBay item for the rims is attractive, ok theyre scuffed abit but a wheel doctor can mend that.

I could ask £400 for my current wheels and maybe add the bill for un-scuffin them on top. mine are mint.. tyres also

Think thats pushin it abit??

Just wanna get the car on new wheels - iching to polish it and take some photo's

i want some of those wheels aswell :lol:

hard to find tho i think

I know someone who has a set of unmarked and with half worn tyres who might be willing to part with them. :rolleyes: ;)

SUSSEX

What were you saying about downsides with the 17's?

Increased road noise

Lower MPG

Harder ride

Decreased accelaration.

Increased road noise

Lower MPG

Harder ride

Decreased accelaration.

I can understand the increased road noise, even the harder ride, but i can not work out why the MPG or the acceleration should be different. at the end of the day the wheel total size has not changed. the extra weight wouldn't add that much to the car.

Sorry but I don't share this enthusiasm for 17" wheels. Frankly I find the ride on ill-kept country roads to be a bit on the hard and "fidgety" side even with 16"s. Interesting that in Germany Titaniums come with 15" alloys as standard according to the German Ford website www.ford.de.

I'm still feeling torn.. I'm liking the way the multi spokes are looking ASHMAN.

Whats the price teag on the 17's with half worn tyres?

I can understand the increased road noise, even the harder ride, but i can not work out why the MPG or the acceleration should be different. at the end of the day the wheel total size has not changed. the extra weight wouldn't add that much to the car.

Reduced MPG is because the 17"ers are wider - more rolling resistance (part of the reason for increased road noise). The Econetic uses really skinny tyres (I think) to go the otherway and increase MPG,

After driving my brother's astra with 18" rims last year i decided 16" rims would be the max for me and even now with 16"x7" rims i find the fezzi too fidgety in the wet for my liking.

I'm sure i'm in the minority who thinks the fezzi handling is pretty medicore but i really do miss the rock solid handling of my old corsa in both wet and dry conditions :(

I know someone who has a set of unmarked and with half worn tyres who might be willing to part with them. :rolleyes: ;)

ash man what wheels have you got they look tempting

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club