Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Break Disc And Pads Replacement

mitch84

Hi

My front pads and discs will need replacing soon, I have been quoted £177.

I have never had to have this done before but I have had my focus the longest so Im unsure what kind of price is good for such a job.

Can anyone advise on if this is a good price?

many thanks

Rip off disks and pads I'm assuming for the front don't cost that much and fitting doesn't take long an hours labour max

Rip off disks and pads I'm assuming for the front don't cost that much and fitting doesn't take long an hours labour max

Hi

Sorry not sure I understand, are you saying the price quoted is a ripoff? :)

what engine do you have? i can send you a link to a very good brand (mintex) full pads and disks set for the front for around £50

me again

I just checked on eurocarparts and break discs are around £30-40 so I'm looking at £80 roughly and then £20-£30 for pads.

So Im looking at £120-£130 on parts.

So I would of thought £177 is quite good?

By the way that price is at a main dealer.

what engine do you have? i can send you a link to a very good brand (mintex) full pads and disks set for the front for around £50

1.6tdci

£177 is a decent price for a garage to replace disks & pads ( one by me charges over £200) but if you feel confident you can do it yourself a lot cheaper and you have the piece of mind that you've used "decent parts"

£177 is a decent price for a garage to replace disks & pads ( one by me charges over £200) but if you feel confident you can do it yourself a lot cheaper and you have the piece of mind that you've used "decent parts"

I don't mind doing some things but breaks is something I really don't want to attempt even if it is easy. :)

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Mk-II-DA-11-04-onwards-MINTEX-Front-Discs-and-Pads-Set-MDK0239-/141374697843?hash=item20ea96b173

this is what you will need. i use these myself and they are very good, just as good as whatever Ford use. brakes well and no rubbish squeaking noises

£177 from a main dealer is pretty reasonably IMO.

Could be done a bit cheaper yourself but depends if you want to get your hands dirty etc.

I bought Black Diamond drilled & grooved discs & predator pads for £165 & fitted with my mates help.but high performance brakes set up.

Yunii

post-39671-144164155325_thumb.jpg

I got quoted £360 at a main dealer for discs and pads so in comparison to that, yes it's very good.

I'll be doing them myself for probably £80 depends on the quality of the parts I go for.

You could do it yourself its very very easy.

God its expensive down England I had disks and pads done at a ford dealer for £137 inc vat it was around £170 saying that I did my last set with mintex myself and it worked out at less than £90 when I said its a rip off I meant given you can buy quality items better than what ford supply and have them fitted for less the dealer does rip you off I've seen them get the parts delivered by euro car parts

• Like 1

They are not lovingly known as stealers without good reason . . . :)

• Like 1

thanks for the help everyone, think I will just go with the dealer unless I find it cheaper elsewhere in the meantime.

Ask the dealer what brand of parts they will be using - just becuase its a dealer doesn't mean its genuine parts either.

if you're fitting both id fit borg and beck powder coated discs, they seem a similar price to mintex etc, but have a better finish .don't rush on the edges like standard discs, I fitted them to my st all was good. most factors can get hold of them, and there's always eBay

In my old car, a 1.6 with discs and pads all around, it cost me 80 for all four discs and 8 pads, and about half an hour to an hours graft to change them over, so when you look at it like that 177 is quiet a rip off tbh, personally i wouldnt go to dealers or garages for such an easy job

£177 sounds ok to me. I paid around that for a decent independent to change the front discs and pads on my fiesta using pagid parts in the Bristol/Bath area. Have you checked fords fixed price servicing too? Serves as a good comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I got EBC High performance turbogrooved (dimpled and grooved) on the front with ultimax pads soon to be changed to greenstuff they cost me £175 all in and changed them myself incredibly simple job and superb breaks only thing I would suggest is py the £50 extra for greenstuff and skip the ultimax pads

Try Halfords autocentre they do brakes for life guarantee but no idea what they use or how much they charge

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Try halfords autocentre they do brakes for life guarantee but no idea what they use or how much they charge

Put it this way, I done a job for a guy with an ST. He supplied me parts and I fitted them, all in was around £200 for both front and rear using EBC parts.

Halfords had quoted him £360 just to do the front!

• Like 1

Halfords no need for that kind of language...i wouldn't let halfords touch my car with a duster let alone break I mean fix anything

I wouldn't let one of the muppets at the store do anything but I've used the autocentre for tyres and they were no worse than anywhere else.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club