Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Been Away For Ages And Don't Have My Van Anymore �

Saulamandetra

Hey all sorry been away for so long unfortunately my beloved van died a horrible and painful death :(

So been on the motorbike for a while and just got myself a little KA for the winter so at least im back in a ford :)

Anyway hope all are well.

Saul

Hi Saul, back meself after an inconspicious abscence lol. Youll be glad of the little Ka for the winter. I did several winters on bikes when i was a young fella. Bits of you cold that you didnt think could get cold.....rofl

• Like 1

Same here, been away a while lol

Anyway as the man says...what happened to the van?

• Like 1

Hey all missed ya all :P

Well the van had a very strange accident where the rear axle came off on the left side he shock and leaf spring took most of the underside of the van out on the way and with the lack of control I ended up hitting at tree only was doing about 35 thankfully :)

Saul

Ouch, lucky that you weren't injured in its suicide mission

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was thinking the other day funny enough that you haven't been about for a while, glad your okay! Shame about the van! Was anyone else involved in the accident?

• Like 1

Thanks guys, Nope was 4am on my way to work up the country lanes (was going uphill a lot that's why only 35mph the van wouldnt go any faster haha) just me and a tree were bit battered up but all good again :)

Except my knee clicks a lot now hahahah

Saul

Sounds like you had a lucky escape there! It just goes to show that depending on your beliefs there definitely is "something" out there, be it God or just luck, as the axle could have easily gone whilst you were traveling at 60MPH on a busy road with on-coming traffic.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

post-63335-144562804221_thumb.jpg

Had to do some work on the car, changed the powersteering pump and had to do some impressive bodging ;)

post-63335-144562818566_thumb.jpg

Then fitted body coloured bumpers ready to spray the car :D

Saul

• Like 1

Good luck spraying the car! Will you be doing it yourself or getting a professional to do it?

Looking at my finances I'll most certainly be buying a Ka or 3-dr Fiesta when I pass my test, they are the only vehicles with low enough insurance.

• Like 1

Good luck spraying the car! Will you be doing it yourself or getting a professional to do it?

Looking at my finances I'll most certainly be buying a Ka or 3-dr Fiesta when I pass my test, they are the only vehicles with low enough insurance.

I'll probably be doing it myself matey, it's not to bad tbh started a little already, kind of one part at a time at the moment haha :)

Then starts the work on the performance side :P

Tbh ka's are great little cars can have a lot of fun with them so think you'll enjoy fella :D

Saul

post-63335-144589030404_thumb.jpgpost-63335-144589031631_thumb.jpgpost-63335-144589032908_thumb.jpg

May have done some spraying today ;) I think it looks awesome, matte black and moody looking and im not finished yet by a long way :D

Saul

• Like 1

Lol it'll be its own social kind of monster when I'm finished ;)

Saul

• Like 1

I found 5 door fiestas to have cheaper insurance.. as they're easier to exit in an accident & they're less likely to be driven by chavs in the insurance companies eyes :)

• Like 1

I found 5 door fiestas to have cheaper insurance.. as they're easier to exit in an accident & they're less likely to be driven by chavs in the insurance companies eyes :)

Really!? Thank the Lord for that! 5dr it is then.

• Like 1

Really!? Thank the Lord for that! 5dr it is then.

I'm 17 & I've had two identical 5 doors.

Well

First one was a 04 plate. This one Is 54

1.4 petrol 5 door Fiesta flame.

With mods declared £2300 (2145 without)

3 door was around 2600 with mods

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm 17 & I've had two identical 5 doors.

Well

First one was a 04 plate. This one Is 54

1.4 petrol 5 door Fiesta flame.

With mods declared £2300 (2145 without)

3 door was around 2600 with mods

£2,300!? I could insure a Land Rover for that price! A Ford Ka/Fiesta for me (new driver, 20 years old) would be around £1,800.

£2,300!? I could insure a Land Rover for that price! A Ford Ka/Fiesta for me (new driver, 20 years old) would be around £1,800.

That's what happens when a 17year old wants to take pride in his car... It's appalling

• Like 1

That's what happens when a 17year old wants to take pride in his car... It's appalling

And all because of immature idiots driving Vauxhalls.

• Like 1

And all because of immature idiots driving Vauxhalls.

I hate to say it but I've seen fiestas end up just as bad :(

Hahaha!

Insurance has got to the point now that they'll charge us thousands of pounds, knowing that if we have an accident we'll try our best not to go through the insurance otherwise they'll take even more money off us in the future. it's wrong

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club