Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction

ACB84

I have a 2011 1.6 TDCI Focus

I got the car with 40 something k miles on the clock I drove 100 miles a day for 6+ months its up at 66+k now. Until this point no issues it started first time every time not even a niggle. The closest thing to a problem I had was rear brakes jamming in cold weather. The car was serviced recently .

One day I went shopping parked in a multi story and when I went back the car would not start. Eventually with a nasty noise (a bit like when gears change with a crunch but more metalic) it did start ran for a few seconds then displayed engine malfunction and would not start again. Called out recovery who sprayed easy start and got it going a few more times but each time the same thing happened.

It was hit whilst being repaired and is in the body shop now. When it comes out and they take their courtesy car back I wont have transport and I cant just scrap it because its on Hire Purchase. Any ideas what the root cause might be.

The garage it was at thought it may be the starter changed that out and the issue remains.

The garage it was at thought it may be the starter changed that out and the issue remains.

They must be a pretty incompetent bunch. If it started but wouldn't keep running it obviously couldn't be the starter. Didn't they attempt checking for fault codes?

Diesels are problems :(

Not exactly a helpful post :/

What are the DTCs? There would have been error codes know as DTCs, this will help identify the problem rather than blinding stabbing at the problem

Metallic crunching when turning it over doesn't sound great but perhaps there are other less terminal issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club