Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What to look out for?

snoogans81

Hey,

I currently have a Fiesta 1.3 encore from 1997 . . . and am rapidly approaching my driving test. However, I am going to be buying a Ka in the next few days, as i dont fancy no power steering and the stuttery engine the fiesta has.

It wont be a new Ka (unfortunately), as ill only have about 1700 to spend. I have my eye on 5 at the minute, from 2000 to 2002, but what i really want to know is, is there anything particular i should look out for, common faults that sort of thing?

Thanks for any help.

all the pre 2002 models are build on the fiesta platfom & there after so if you know the fiesta the same applies to the ka

look for rust on the pillars & the usual places really m8

My advice is to disregard purchasing a KA that is not from late 2002 onwards which would mean perhaps increasing your budget.

Ford replaced the Ka's 1.3 Endura-E (59bhp) with the 1.3 Duratec (69bhp).

This increase in bhp (and more than likely increased torque) does not sound like much but there is a significant difference in performance and with the KA's power to weight ratio it is actually slighty quicker than e.g. new Fiesta 1.25 (80'ish-bhp).

So when you are making enquirys on a KA you need to ask if it has the 69bhp engine.

Models worth looking at IMO are 'Collection with AC' or 'Style Climate' (they are the mid range models) http://www.kaklub.co.uk/pwpcontrol.php?pwpID=1890 shows the differences between models.

Models from 2007 onwards come with a better dashboard design and a decent passenger glove compartment.

Not sure when CD-player became standard certianly I believe by 2004. But from 2007 the cd-stereo also came with an aux-port for linking mp3 players.

Not really experienced any faults with the KA, but to be fair ive only owned them whilst in warranty!

I think most of the ones i have narrowed it down to are collection models, with air con, electric windows, and most with cd players too, but are not from after 2002. Increasing my budget would be great, but alas i cannot do that at the minute, and for a first car i just need something reliable, cheap to run/insure, but isnt an old dog ha ha. After this car ill certainly be looking down the much newer route.

all the pre 2002 models are build on the fiesta platfom & there after so if you know the fiesta the same applies to the ka

look for rust on the pillars & the usual places really m8

Yeah i think one of the ka's i saw online had some rust on a pillar . . . which was a shame as it was a luxury ka, and was pretty damn cheap, but quite scruffy compared to others.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club