Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need To Remove A Rear Parking Sensor

angela75

One of my rear sensors has been pushed through to the inside of the bumper after being hit by someone in a car park. I can't pull it back through though and wondered how easy it is to disconnect it from the wires so I can reconnect it from the right side if you get what I mean. It's a standard factory fitted one. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

lying on the ground I have tried to force it back through but it looks as though they are fitted from outside not inside :-(

2 pieces to it , inner part ( sensor,) outer part(surround) , the outer part has 2 bits that hold inner sensor, normally when fitting I push hard from behind and the fit connector afterwards

Check the positiong angle from behind on the other sensors so you know at what angle to fit from behind

The sensor comes in 2 parts.

The housing/shroud and the sensor itself.

You'd need to first separate the two. The sensor locks in place in the shroud via tabs - displace these tabs to release the sensor.

Push the shroud back into position from the OUTSIDE. The bumper cutout is keyed in such a way that the shroud would slot in only if correctly orientated.

Push the sensor back into the shroud from the INSIDE. The sensor body locks the shroud in place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced a faulty parking sensor on my rear bumper. Should angela75 not sorted it yet, hope the attached picture of the sensor unit may help. As 747777 explained, the shroud is 'keyed' to the hole in the bumper, so its retaining clip will be at the top and bottom to grip the lugs on the sensor body as it is pushed onto the shroud on its side.

Also note that just one faulty sensor unit will stop the whole front and rear system working! I suppose it may be intentionally designed this way, rather than a chance it will reverse into something because the 'too close' pitch will not sound if the obstacle happens to be right by the faulty sensor!post-18293-0-36980400-1443738027_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club